UK Spouse Visa - Accomodation Question

Old Jul 12th 2013, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

GlastoEls is on a distinguished road
Default UK Spouse Visa - Accomodation Question

Hey all,

UK Citizen, living in the States for nearly three years on a blanket L1A (lucky enough on a wage significantly above the required £18,600). Married USC girlfriend of six years earlier this summer in Canada. Marriage certificate applied for and due to arrive in next few weeks.

We live together, have joint tenancy agreements, joint bills, etc.

Decided to move to London this autumn. I'll look to transfer back within my company to the London office (for a job again paying similarly to my job here).

I'm beginning to amass all the documents required in preparation. I have some questions that I'd really appreciate assistance with:

1) Accommodation - in the short term, my parents would put us up whilst we look for rental accommodation in London. They're in Wiltshire, 80 mins on the train from London, large three bedroom house, just the two of them living there, owned since late 1980s. Will this suffice in the short term for the visa application and what documents would you recommend my parents make available?

2) Her Name Change - she has intention to change her name, but as we could be moving within the next three months, would you recommend keeping her maiden now for now as not to confuse the application? (having some documents in one name, with all leases, bank details etc in maiden name?)

3) L1A renewal - mine runs out early winter so I'm determining when to renew (of course I still need to find a job back home to facilitate all this) - could any renewal I request affect any spouse visa application?

Really appreciate your kind help!

Last edited by GlastoEls; Jul 12th 2013 at 5:35 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa - Accomodation Question

Originally Posted by GlastoEls
2) Her Name Change - she has intention to change her name, but as we could be moving within the next three months, would you recommend keeping her maiden now for now as not to confuse the application? (having some documents in one name, with all leases, bank details etc in maiden name?)
Not changing her name isn't an issue - not everyone changes their name on marriage. If documents differ, then your wife can explain that she is in the process of updating them and hasn't got them all done.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

GlastoEls is on a distinguished road
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa - Internal Company Transfer For Sponsor

Further question:

I am currently gathering paperwork for my internal transfer to the UK.

My history:

June 2008 > Joined company in UK
November 2010 > Internal company transfer to USA (L1A)
October 2013 > Internal transfer back to UK office

Would you have thought ONE letter (from UK HR) as sufficient evidence of BOTH my current employment (here in the US) AND my upcoming position (back in the UK)?

Many thanks!