UK Spouse Visa Accommodation Requirement

Old Sep 2nd 2016, 11:29 am
Just Joined

ajirapsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa Accommodation Requirement

Hello Everyone,

I would like to use this opportunity to thank the moderators and contributors of this forum. You guys are doing a wonderful job.

I have a question regarding accommodation requirement for UK Spouse Visa. All the other requirements have been met.

I'm the applicant. I live abroad. My wife has ILR and daughter has British citizenship and they are both resident in the UK. They presently live in a 2 bedroom and 1 living room apartment with my Father-in-law. We are scared of a refusal. So we want to rent a 2bedroom apartment.

Here is the problem: Is it acceptable to use this newly rented apartment to meet the accommodation requirement by providing only Tenancy agreement and letter from landlord with permission for me to live in the apartment? It is a new rented apartment. So no bills. And we don't want to wait until we have bills for the apartment. Also, is a property inspection necessary for this apartment, given that it would be occupied by only my wife and daughter?

Thank you.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa Accommodation Requirement

Originally Posted by ajirapsy
Hello Everyone,

I would like to use this opportunity to thank the moderators and contributors of this forum. You guys are doing a wonderful job.

I have a question regarding accommodation requirement for UK Spouse Visa. All the other requirements have been met.

I'm the applicant. I live abroad. My wife has ILR and daughter has British citizenship and they are both resident in the UK. They presently live in a 2 bedroom and 1 living room apartment with my Father-in-law. We are scared of a refusal. So we want to rent a 2bedroom apartment.

Here is the problem: Is it acceptable to use this newly rented apartment to meet the accommodation requirement by providing only Tenancy agreement and letter from landlord with permission for me to live in the apartment?

Yes

So no utility bills yet. And we don't want to wait until we have utility bills for the apartment. Also, is a property inspection necessary for this apartment, given that it would be occupied by only my wife and daughter?

A property inspection? No, it's not a necessity. I assume you meant to write that the apartment will be occupied by your wife, daughter & yourself...

Thank you.
See above for answers in bold.

See also the requirements listed in the spouse visa application which are relevant to your situation.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shirtback
See above for answers in bold.

See also the requirements listed in the spouse visa application which are relevant to your situation.
Thank you for taking time to respond to my post.

Please i have a few more questions as a result of your answer below:

1. So are you saying it is not compulsory to add utility bills, given that the apartment is a newly rented one, to fulfil the accommodation requirement for Spouse Visa?

2. Let's assume we rent a new apartment, would my wife - sponsor - need to change her address on her bank profile and latest pay slip to reflect this new reality? In addition, would i need to change my address on the TB test certificate already issued with her current - soon to be old - address on it?
Old Sep 5th 2016, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

1. Utility bills are not compulsory.

2. Why wouldn't your wife update her address details with her bank, employer, etc, once she moves into the new apartment? She can't do do before the move.

I don't understand what you mean about the TB certificate. I understood you are outside the UK?

Have you read the guide which accompanies the application forms?
Old Sep 5th 2016, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shirtback
1. Utility bills are not compulsory.

2. Why wouldn't your wife update her address details with her bank, employer, etc, once she moves into the new apartment? She can't do do before the move.

I don't understand what you mean about the TB certificate. I understood you are outside the UK?

Have you read the guide which accompanies the application forms?
Ok. Great. Thank you once again.

Yes. I have read the accompanying guides.

Another one, please.

The accommodation is the only requirement left to be sorted. She currently lives with her dad in a 2 bedroom and 1 living room apartment. He is willing to write me a consent letter granting me permission to stay in the apartment for a while after i get to the UK.

I have read the section for overcrowding on UKBA website. If we decide to use her dad's apartment, the house would be occupied by myself, wife, her dad and our daughter. Is it advisable to use this apartment to meet the accommodation requirement? Would a property inspection be required?
Old Dec 26th 2016, 4:04 am
Just Joined

arnoldnayely19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ajirapsy. What's the latest on your application? Have you granted a visa yet? I have the same issue when it comes to accomodation but I haven't started my application yet. I would appreciate if you share your experience to me as I'm planning to apply this January 2017. Many Thanks! Merry Christmas