UK Spouse Visa - Accommodation Question

Old Mar 6th 2019, 11:23 am
Just Joined

the_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa - Accommodation Question

I am preparing the documents for the spouse visa. I am not sure about the accommodation's supporting evidence.

My wife (sponsor) is currently living with her parents.

Her father is one of the co-owner of the property alongside her father's brother in law and the brother in law's wife. However, only my wife's family is staying at the property.

Would the following be enough:
- Title register (online version) obtained from HM land registry (£3)
- Signed letter from her father stating that we are allowed to stay in the house.
- Signed letter from the the other co-owners verifying that indeed only her family is staying at the property and that we are allowed to stay there.
- Mortgage statement.
- A property inspection report.
- Will a certified photocopy of their passport photo page be needed for this?

Thanks for any input.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa - Accommodation Question

Couple of comments that may be useful - when my wife applied, we attached some photos showing each room in the house, plus a couple of exterior views. We sent a copy of my mother's passport page, but didn't bother getting it certified. And we didn't have an inspection report done!
Old Mar 7th 2019, 11:22 am
Just Joined

the_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I will attach some photos of the property as well.

My main concern really is about the fact that there are 3 co-owners (joint mortgage) of the property.

Will what I have suffice?
Old Mar 8th 2019, 6:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What you have is very good. I would include a colour photocopy of each of the property owners’ passports but that’s it.