UK Spouse Visa - Accommodation Docs

Old Jan 27th 2023, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

steve0084 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa - Accommodation Docs

For my wife's spouse visa application, we will be stating that we will be living with my mother. Are the following supporting documents sufficient?
  • A letter from my mother (who owns the house), giving details of the property and stating that we are welcome to stay with her.
  • Utility bills and council tax bills addressed to my mother.
  • Bills, tax letters and an employment contract addressed to me at the property.
  • Photos of the interior and exterior of the property.
Is it necessary to also provide a copy of the title deed, a copy of the land registry or a housing surveyor report?
Old Jan 27th 2023, 3:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa - Accommodation Docs

Originally Posted by steve0084
For my wife's spouse visa application, we will be stating that we will be living with my mother. Are the following supporting documents sufficient?
  • A letter from my mother (who owns the house), giving details of the property and stating that we are welcome to stay with her.
  • Utility bills and council tax bills addressed to my mother.
  • Bills, tax letters and an employment contract addressed to me at the property.
  • Photos of the interior and exterior of the property.
Is it necessary to also provide a copy of the title deed, a copy of the land registry or a housing surveyor report?
Hi Steve. A copy of the title register of your mum's house is one of the strongest pieces of evidence you can provide, so it's worth it. Either your mum or you can download one from the Land Registry for 3 pounds, see here https://www.gov.uk/get-information-a...opies-of-deeds

Also get your mum to mention in her letter how many other people live in the house, as your wife's ECO will need to be sure that the property won't be overcrowded.

All the best with the application.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jan 27th 2023 at 3:27 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2023, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you!
Old Feb 5th 2023, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

We can't get a land registry for my mum's house because it was bought before land registries were required. As an alternative we are thinking of stating that we will be living with my sister (who owns her own home).

If we did that what kind of evidence would be required? I don't have any links, such as bills, to my sister's house.
Old Feb 5th 2023, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Same kind of docs as for your mother's house - letter of permission to stay, mortgage docs, deeds, land registry etc, proof of no overcrowding

Old Feb 6th 2023, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Same kind of docs as for your mother's house - letter of permission to stay, mortgage docs, deeds, land registry etc, proof of no overcrowding
Thank you, is it okay to provide the title register, and not the title deeds or land registry? Also, is it okay not to have a tenancy agreement?
Old Feb 6th 2023, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve0084
Thank you, is it okay to provide the title register, and not the title deeds or land registry? Also, is it okay not to have a tenancy agreement?
I was talking about a tenancy agreement if your sister rented the property. (ie HER tenancy agreement) If she owns it then title deeds are all you need.