UK spouse visa

Old Feb 14th 2019, 2:38 am
Just Joined

Farahswthrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK spouse visa

Hi,

I am applying for UK spouse visa from Pakistan (Karachi) as recently married to a brutish citizen. I was in the UK with my husband on visit visa, recently returned back and now submitting spouse visa application. Please could someone help me with below questions:

1. Which documents do I need to provide in original and which in copies, when visiting visa office in Karachi? e.g. marriage certificate, TB certificate, house rental
agreement.

2. Do I need my husband’s employment contract – or payslips together and letter from employer are ok?

3. Is it must to provide letter from the bank, or bank statements are ok?

4. Is 'Sponsorship undertaking form SU07/12' needed for uk spouse visa?

5. My husband is a British citizen but been on work permit before and applied for indefinite leave to remain. Does he need to provide ‘home office reference’?
Visa application has a question ‘does <my husband's name> have any home office reference number?’
I can choose from ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
He can’t remember his home office number but if it’s needed (although now he holds British passport) then he’ll check old documents.

6. Is Islamic divorce letter from ‘Islamic Sharia Council’ in the UK enough? He has decree absolute from UK court but couldn’t find the court’s letter. He has requested a copy of decree absolute but that will be send to his UK address and he is in Pakistan to apply for my spouse visa.

7. I am applying for spouse visa from outside the UK and understood that I needed to pass A1 English test. I passed from trinity college London when visited my husband in the uk. However, when completing visa application form it’s asking: 'Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR B1 or higher?’
I can choose from yes or no.
I have passed A1. Should I select ‘No’?
If I would select No, it doesn’t ask if I have passed A1 or not.

8. I heard that its recommended (not must) to include a letter from anyone (with copy of their passport) confirming that we are a genuine couple. Any thoughts and contents for this letter?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Fare

Old Feb 17th 2019, 10:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK spouse visa

1. All need to be original.

2. An employment contract is not required.

3. Original bank statements are fine.

4. No.

5. Check ‘No’. It’s not important if he’s now a British citizen.

6. If the divorce happened in the UK then he’ll need his decree absolute.

7. If you only have A1 then the answer is ‘No’.

8. A waste of time. Much more useful to include a covering letter from each of you explaining the development of your relationship and your future plans with captioned photos of you two together with friends and family.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for providing helpful information. I need to ask more questions,

Re point 1. How they will return the original documents?

Re point 6. Is it ok to send the copy of decree absolute (not original) received from the court.

Re point 8. Why letter from both (husband & wife) - since the story is exactly the same. Can we attach two letters to confirm we are married to live together - and one letter only (from both of us) for ‘our story’?

Thank You.

Last edited by Farahswthrt; Feb 18th 2019 at 10:04 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 12:18 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

1. By post or when you go to collect your passport (it will depend on the country).

6. So long as it was issued by the court, yes.

8. The story will be the same but you should write each letter separately. You should be recalling most of the same events but from your own point of view. This will help the ECO to see that your relationship is genuine.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 2:22 am
Just Joined

Thank U.