British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   UK - Spouse Settlement Visa- Financial Requirements (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/uk-spouse-settlement-visa-financial-requirements-912692/)

AnAsianWife May 12th 2018 1:02 pm

UK - Spouse Settlement Visa- Financial Requirements

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, anyone can advice me about financial requirements?
We're both working in Middle East. My husband resigned and decided to go back to UK in June 2018, we are applying for my spouse visa.
We have around 30,000 pound savings plus we can get end of service around 20,000 pounds total but we cannot use this as we read in the requirements that the money is about 6 months in the bank.
My husband will go back first to UK to find a new job to sponsor me and we will use (Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – overseas sponsor returning to the UK)? Or he need to wait after 6 months working their before we can apply my spouse visa?

Anyone can help me???
Thank you in advance

moneypenny20 May 15th 2018 6:56 am

Re: UK - Spouse Settlement Visa- Financial Requirements

I've moved you to the MB forum. Should get plenty of info here.

SanDiegogirl May 15th 2018 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by AnAsianWife (Post 12498132)
Hi All,

My husband will go back first to UK to find a new job to sponsor me and we will use (Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – overseas sponsor returning to the UK)? Or he need to wait after 6 months working their before we can apply my spouse visa?

Anyone can help me???
Thank you in advance

If I read the above correctly, your husband will return to the UK to find a job. In this situation, your husband will work in that new job for 6 months before applying for the spouse visa under the following category:

5.1. Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – person residing in the UK

In addition, if once in employment in the UK earning 18,600 GBP, if he has earned 18,600 GBP in previous 12 months in his overseas employment, he could be eligible to apply for spouse visa under:

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

AnAsianWife May 16th 2018 5:54 am

Thanks you for the advice Sandiegogirl

AnAsianWife Jul 18th 2018 11:47 am

Another question hope somebody can answer me.
I'm about to apply a Spouse visa, my husband already found job in UK from middle.
What documents from previous company should we attach to our application? Below is the list
1. Contract from previous company (he's working 6 years)
2. Company certification stating the date he start and end
3. Payslip
4. We will attached also the new job offer

Please advice me, thanks for the help

BritInParis Jul 18th 2018 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by AnAsianWife (Post 12534809)
Another question hope somebody can answer me.
I'm about to apply a Spouse visa, my husband already found job in UK from middle.
What documents from previous company should we attach to our application? Below is the list
1. Contract from previous company (he's working 6 years)
2. Company certification stating the date he start and end
3. Payslip
4. We will attached also the new job offer

Please advice me, thanks for the help

Six months of payslips with six months of corresponding bank statements showing the salary payments entering his bank account.

More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

AnAsianWife Jul 18th 2018 12:40 pm

BritInParis thank you for the reply, my husband already closed the bank in middle east as he moved back to UK to find new job.
Is this possible to attached the payslip and contract previously?

BritInParis Jul 18th 2018 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by AnAsianWife (Post 12534846)
BritInParis thank you for the reply, my husband already closed the bank in middle east as he moved back to UK to find new job.
Is this possible to attached the payslip and contract previously?

He'll need the corresponding bank statements.

AnAsianWife Jul 18th 2018 1:08 pm

We have a joint account in UK bank is this possible to attach? Thank you so much for the help

BritInParis Jul 18th 2018 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by AnAsianWife (Post 12534870)
We have a joint account in UK bank is this possible to attach? Thank you so much for the help

That would not be any use unless his salary has been paid into that account.

AnAsianWife Jul 18th 2018 1:13 pm

Omg so it means their is possibility that once we apply it will be refuse as he don't have a bank statement from previous company?

BritInParis Jul 18th 2018 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by AnAsianWife (Post 12534874)
Omg so it means their is possibility that once we apply it will be refuse as he don't have a bank statement from previous company?

Unless you can produce the bank statements that show that your husband's salary as shown on his payslips was paid into his bank account then you won't be able to use that income to meet the financial requirements.

christmasoompa Jul 18th 2018 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by AnAsianWife (Post 12534874)

Why can't he get bank statements? Even if the account is closed, he should still be able to get bank statements if he doesn't already have them (for future ref: make sure he always keeps them!).

AnAsianWife Jul 18th 2018 1:20 pm

thank you for the reply BritInParis we will try to request in the bank

AnAsianWife Jul 18th 2018 1:22 pm

thank you christmasoompa we will try to request from the bank