UK Spousal Visa: existing debt + use of banks overdraft

Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Muchan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spousal Visa: existing debt + use of banks overdraft

Could existing and old overdraft debt be grounds for rejecting one’s application?

I meet the financial requirement as my salary is £22,500 before tax and have been in my job for 11 months.
In the last 9 months of my job, I have been using my banks overdraft facility of £2,000 and this is clearly evident in the first 4 bank statements I will be submitting. My concern is, would the Home office question if I am able to support my wife if they see that I was in the red and overdrawn for so many months? We’ll submit our application on the 19th Dec, and in November 2014 bank statement I only have £250ish in my bank account.
Also, do we have to provide evidence of existing credit cards debt? I have £50 debited every month to pay off a credit card.
We will be submitting on the basis of category A only (Income from salaried or non-salaried employment of the partner).

My question is, has anyone been rejected for having debt although they earn above the financial requirement?
Please provide as much details in relations to your case. I would prefer if respondents would refrain from sharing their opinion if it is not based a home office decision.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spousal Visa: existing debt + use of banks overdraft

Having an overdraft is not relevant.