UK Spousal Visa: 30 or 90 days to move there?

Old Jan 11th 2021, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

stickinthemud is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool UK Spousal Visa: 30 or 90 days to move there?

Hello all,
I am a UK/US Citizen in San Diego, applying for a spousal visa for my US citizen husband.
I read on this forum that after he is granted the visa, he has only 30 days to move to the UK (impossible!) Recently a kind forum respondent said this is currently 90 days. Could you confirm that 90 days is definitely still the case? I have searched the web relentlessly and can find nothing. And no one to telephone.
Also, if we miss that 30 or 90 day window, the web says we must apply for a "replacement" visa. Any idea how long that takes to get?
Or, if my husband does go to the UK within the required time, can he then fly back to the US, pack up, and then we move to the UK?
Bit more.... for a UK spousal visa in Southern California, is the VFS Services in Beverly Hills the only place we can go for our appointment (for a non premium service)? I have read terrible things about VFS having exploitative fees and no helpful knowledge.
Lastly, does my husband need to be outside the UK to apply for his spousal visa? (someone on the forum said not)
Thank you greatly and best wishes to all. Sheryl