uk settlement visa processing from toronto

Old Jun 1st 2014, 10:06 pm
rr_
Just Joined

rr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uk settlement visa processing from toronto

hi there, ive been coming across so much varying information that my current anxiety as i await my settlement visa has quickly escalated.

I applied at worldbridge in toronto. I was notified via email that my application was sent off to sheffield on the 16th of may. It was sent using dhl.

i was told by the official who collected my papers that it would take a minimum of 12 weeks. CONTRARY to this: The visa4uk/gov.uk website states that 100% are processed within 30 days, earliest happening in 10 days. (march stats)

It has been merely 2 weeks with a bank holiday involved. I know my worry might be premature. However i was recently warned that it IS peak season and the process just might take 12 weeks....there are no straightforward answers anywhere. just constant conflict.

Also as far as the ukvi website is concerned, paying for priority processing can only be done prior to the worldbridge interview and submission of application. However, I have been reading many cases where applicants were able to pay for priority processing after their applications were sent in, faxing a receipt to the sheffield office as proof.

sooo 12 weeks? 10 days? 30 days? which is it for the month of may...and am i able to pay to expedite this process after submission?

I would love to know your experiences with this especially from those of you who have recieved your visas closer to this time.

ty
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Re: uk settlement visa processing from toronto

Hi RR'
We paid for priority and it took 31 days (in april/may).
You pay for priority through vfs.global now - suggest you do it. Others on here have done it after sending off their doc package.
Good luck
Nigel
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 12:35 pm
rr_
Just Joined

rr_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ncoomber
Hi RR'
We paid for priority and it took 31 days (in april/may).
You pay for priority through vfs.global now - suggest you do it. Others on here have done it after sending off their doc package.
Good luck
Nigel
Nigel, thanks for your response. I just got off the phone with the entry clearance ppl (the contact numbers on the gov.uk site). They STERNLY instructed me that priority service is not available for settlement visas, and most definitely not after submission - to add to my confusion. the reason being - as i was told a few minutes ago - visas weren't being processed within the time frame advertised for expediting, and applicants were demanding for their extra payment's return. I don't know who to listen to anymore...i figured that would be the 'horses mouth' .

thanks again tho...
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rr_
They STERNLY instructed me that priority service is not available for settlement visas,
It is for applicants from the US so why not Canada?

Originally Posted by rr_
and most definitely not after submission - to add to my confusion.
Frowned upon, but can be done. Someone on UK-yankee did it - from the US though. I still don't see why Canada would be different?

Originally Posted by rr_
the reason being - as i was told a few minutes ago - visas weren't being processed within the time frame advertised for expediting, and applicants were demanding for their extra payment's return.
Most forums say that the helpline people can't be trusted to give the correct information. The time frames are guidelines. The priority bit puts the application to the front of the queue (at least, in front of those that didn't pay for this extra service). It's a busy time for visas atm.

Perhaps your could ask on www.uk-yankee.com for guidance on this?
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rr_

I applied at worldbridge in toronto. I was notified via email that my application was sent off to sheffield on the 16th of may. It was sent using dhl.
I thought everything had to be sent to Sheffield now, instead of Worldbridge? Or is this just for the US?
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830799

check out post #50 - he had done priority after submitting.