UK Settlement VISA processing time

Old Jul 26th 2017, 2:02 am
Just Joined

Inemed1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Settlement VISA processing time

Originally Posted by Colesy898
Just wondered how where these timelines are from? Are they an opinion or do you know someone in UKVI?

Thanks

Its something I have observed from different chat groups and people stating their case.

The g8od news is the hold cases will be reopened 10th of August as you will know .
Dont work in ukvi
Piority before use to be 5-6werks in my country now its now 12weeks same as stsndard .
Old Jul 26th 2017, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

chandni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chaitrabs
Time to celebrate
Finally we got our VISA, listed down are the details.

Type: Settlement VISA (Husband Holds ILR) with Non-Priority Service
Biometric Submission @VFS Bangalore: 28th Mar 2017
online application received @Sheffiled : 29th Mar 2017
Documents submitted @Sheffiled : 7th April 2017
VISA received :29th June 2017

We had applied under category B, with the below details.
PART I: He was holding a job offer of more than or equal to £18500/Annum.
PART IIincome from the immediate past 12 months employment must be more than or equal to £18500) we ''Added Both overseas (7 months) & UK Employment Income''.

He had just got transfer to UK from INDIA for the same employer.

Dark waiting time of 3 months!!! there were no updates from UKVI in between waiting time, and yes we got it finally

All the best for those are in the anticipation of VISA.

Thanks a lot to everyone out here for giving suggestion during those dark days.

Chaitrabs CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You give me hope!
Old Oct 24th 2017, 6:36 am
Just Joined

gulishko is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

We have submitted our application already 2month ago for settlement visa. My partner is UK citizen. I was not able to send a return envelope firstly. Then we recieved an email to send envelope and we did so. I just woonder as we send an envelope nearly 1 month after our submittion will it take longer than 60 working days or it still for 60 working days to get reply?
Another question is that, now i see that the processing times takes even 90 and 120 working days.But when we submitted it was maximum 60 working days. Will it effect our application or not?

Please let me know. I worry too much.

Thank you.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

arham786 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would like to . know if any one could please help me know how long it will take for my wife settlement visa to get accepted, i am so worried. my baby daughter is British and is here i USA with me on a visa...which has expired now...so i have to go back....

Date Biometrics were taken...October 30 2017
Date application sent...Oct 30 2017
Date Application received at Sheffield...November 13 2017
November 17....Email from UKVI that application is complex so will take more than normal customer target time....

It has been 88 working days since applied...still no answer
Old Mar 8th 2018, 10:30 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arham786
i would like to . know if any one could please help me know how long it will take for my wife settlement visa to get accepted, i am so worried. my baby daughter is British and is here i USA with me on a visa...which has expired now...so i have to go back....

Date Biometrics were taken...October 30 2017
Date application sent...Oct 30 2017
Date Application received at Sheffield...November 13 2017
November 17....Email from UKVI that application is complex so will take more than normal customer target time....

It has been 88 working days since applied...still no answer
It is unusual for an application to be taking that long from the US but without knowing your circumstances it's difficult to comment further.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It is unusual for an application to be taking that long from the US but without knowing your circumstances it's difficult to comment further.
I have been coming and going to the uk for the pst 6 years very frequently. ^ months in uk and 6 in USA. Becuz my husband was not a permanant residence yet.Now that he has indefinite stay thats why we applied.
All the requirements they have asked for we have submitted but yet still taking so long. really dont understand why. very very worried.....
Old Mar 8th 2018, 11:25 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I have been coming and going to the uk for the pst 6 years very frequently. ^ months in uk and 6 in USA. Becuz my husband was not a permanant residence yet.Now that he has indefinite stay thats why we applied.
All the requirements they have asked for we have submitted but yet still taking so long. really dont understand why. very very worried.....
Are you the husband or the wife? Who is the British citizen? Where was your daughter born?
Old Mar 8th 2018, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Are you the husband or the wife? Who is the British citizen? Where was your daughter born?
I am the wife. i am a US citizen. and my husband is british. we have three kids ..two are US citizens. The youngest third child was born last year in UK. She is a british national.Therefore she cannot stay here in the US. Her 3 month visa has expired. I have let the UKVI know But still no reply . which is why i am very very worried.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 11:54 am

I am the wife. i am a US citizen. and my husband is british. we have three kids ..two are US citizens. The youngest third child was born last year in UK. She is a british national.Therefore she cannot stay here in the US. Her 3 month visa has expired. I have let the UKVI know But still no reply . which is why i am very very worried.
Were you born in the US and did you spent at least five years in the US, of which at two years were before your 14th birthday? If so then your UK-born daughter will be a US citizen and should've entered the US on a US passport. Did you register her birth with the US Embassy in London?
Old Mar 8th 2018, 11:57 am
Just Joined

yes i am a US citizen since i was 2. and have lived here since then. i dudnt know i had to get Birth of abroad from the embassy when i got back to US. So i have to go back to UK and register it at the US embassy, to get a US citizenship for her otherwise i cannot receive it. And my docs r sent to UKVI so cannot do anything.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 12:05 pm

yes i am a US citizen since i was 2. and have lived here since then. i dudnt know i had to get Birth of abroad from the embassy when i got back to US. So i have to go back to UK and register it at the US embassy, to get a US citizenship for her otherwise i cannot receive it. And my docs r sent to UKVI so cannot do anything.
Your daughter is still a US citizen however at this late stage it would be best to wait until you return to the UK to apply for her Consular Report of Birth Abroad and US passport.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

yes i know but im just worried for the UKVI taking sooo long to reply. at least an update or something would be calming...but nithing no word from them at all.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 1:08 am
Just Joined

UKVI has sent an email today 90 working days..stating that they are assesing my case at the moment but cant make a decision because they need my husands employer info. finger crossed after i sent it on Monday lets see how loong they gonna take aftar that. anyone have a similar case or any idea?
Old Mar 15th 2018, 1:45 am
Just Joined

Warbex is an unknown quantity at this point

UKVI has sent an email today 90 working days..stating that they are assesing my case at the moment but cant make a decision because they need my husands employer info. finger crossed after i sent it on Monday lets see how loong they gonna take aftar that. anyone have a similar case or any idea?
90 working days and still only asking for more evidence? Even it’s non-priority that’s still outrageous!

I’ve received a similar email a month ago (14 Feb) and sent the info back immediately the next day and thought it won’t take long cause they request me to send back the info within 5BD. But it’s been a month now still no news at all.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Warbex
90 working days and still only asking for more evidence? Even it’s non-priority that’s still outrageous!

I’ve received a similar email a month ago (14 Feb) and sent the info back immediately the next day and thought it won’t take long cause they request me to send back the info within 5BD. But it’s been a month now still no news at all.

Omg😱... oh no..im so worried...theygave me 10BD and ill send it monday... so hopefully fingers crossed it doeant take much longer..reallyy wanna see my husband for our anniversary next month..:. prayingfor everyone out there..wish u guys luck and myself ofcourse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.