UK Settlement VISA processing time

Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:09 am
Just Joined

chaitrabs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Settlement VISA processing time

Hi Everyone,

Please tell me what is the expected processing time for Settlement VISA.
I have applied UK settlement VISA from India with below details.

Biometric at VFS, bangalore : 28th Mar 2017
online application received @Sheffiled : 29th Mar 2017
Documents submitted @Sheffiled : 7th April 2017

Documents are scanned and returned to us.

Please let me know what will be the next expected mail and when.

Thank you all.

Best Regards,
Chaitra BS
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:58 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Settlement VISA processing time

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement

Up to 12 weeks.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:01 am
Just Joined

BritInParis , thank you for the reply.

12 weeks from the date of documents Submission?
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:03 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaitrabs
BritInParis , thank you for the reply.

12 weeks from the date of documents Submission?
I would take it from the date your documents were received by the Home Office.
Old May 29th 2017, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I would take it from the date your documents were received by the Home Office.
Hi,

Seriously going through dark days of waiting, feeling helpless to wait
Away from my husband since 8 months due to reasons, Missing him very badly.

I am on 8th week since documents are received by Home Office.

Sir,You said processing time will be up to 12 weeks, Please tell me, will I be surely getting reply from UKVI within 12 weeks, Nobody can guarantee it, but I am seeking an answer from your experience, would it go beyond 12 weeks also ?

Thanks much.
Old May 29th 2017, 2:38 pm

Hi,

Sir,You said processing time will be up to 12 weeks, Please tell me, will I be surely getting reply from UKVI within 12 weeks, Nobody can guarantee it, but I am seeking an answer from your experience, would it go beyond 12 weeks also ?

Thanks much.
I'm afraid no-one can give you a definite answer. There seems to be lengthy waiting times at the moment, even for those who have paid for the priority processing service. I can only recommend further patience.
Old May 29th 2017, 2:52 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks much.
The answer is that it takes as long as it takes, and not everyone has the same time scale, they may have to do more in depth checks for some people, timeline threads are not really recommended as every applicant is different, and the length of time it takes for one person is different from other people, there are far too many variables, so a thread saying it took just 2 weeks from one person does NOT say that will be the same for everyone, and we get people worrying because their application is taking longer that someone else. All you can do is to wait I'm afraid.
Old May 29th 2017, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Chezdon is an unknown quantity at this point

The answer is the system is a joke and a sign of the times we're in. The fact that someone in a tiny town in the north of England is expected to meet the same wage as someone living in London shows how much thought they've put in to this process.

Probably Government employees taking off days in lieu because they did 10 minutes of overtime the week before.

As if 6 months of separation isn't enough, you also have to wait an extra 4 months for them to look at your application and if so much as a piece of paper is missing then that's £2,000 and 10 months gone for nothing.

Oh, I need £64,000 to support my wife? LOL. Ok. She can't come here and work and contribute to the tax system and we could support each other?

Complete farce.

Rant over.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 29th 2017 at 8:10 pm. Reason: Family friendly forum and all that......
Old May 29th 2017, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chezdon

Oh, I need £64,000 to support my wife? LOL. Ok. She can't come here and work and contribute to the tax system and we could support each other?

...... well No. If you don't have employment when you apply to enter the UK then you are asked to show 62,500 GBP to cover the first 2.5 years of the initial visa (there is no guarantee that you would get a job is there?).

You only need to have the offer of a job earning 18,600 GBP to qualify for a visa.
Old May 30th 2017, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
...... well No. If you don't have employment when you apply to enter the UK then you are asked to show 62,500 GBP to cover the first 2.5 years of the initial visa (there is no guarantee that you would get a job is there?).

You only need to have the offer of a job earning 18,600 GBP to qualify for a visa.
If not using savings then he needs to have held a job in the UK paying £18,600 for at least 6 months. Reading the OPs original post I assume her husband is already in the UK? He must be a Brit citizen if she's applying for the Spouse Visa.
Old May 30th 2017, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I'm afraid no-one can give you a definite answer. There seems to be lengthy waiting times at the moment, even for those who have paid for the priority processing service. I can only recommend further patience.
Thanks a lot for your replies.

So only thing I can do is wait wait wait...
Will update you guyz once I get my Passport back and wish it comes sooner
Old Jul 18th 2017, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

Time to celebrate
Finally we got our VISA, listed down are the details.

Type: Settlement VISA (Husband Holds ILR) with Non-Priority Service
Biometric Submission @VFS Bangalore: 28th Mar 2017
online application received @Sheffiled : 29th Mar 2017
Documents submitted @Sheffiled : 7th April 2017
VISA received :29th June 2017

We had applied under category B, with the below details.
PART I: He was holding a job offer of more than or equal to £18500/Annum.
PART IIincome from the immediate past 12 months employment must be more than or equal to £18500) we ''Added Both overseas (7 months) & UK Employment Income''.

He had just got transfer to UK from INDIA for the same employer.

Dark waiting time of 3 months!!! there were no updates from UKVI in between waiting time, and yes we got it finally

All the best for those are in the anticipation of VISA.

Thanks a lot to everyone out here for giving suggestion during those dark days.

Last edited by chaitrabs; Jul 18th 2017 at 11:40 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

That's good news! As BIP said , 12 weeks from receipt of documents. I realise that no in between updates can be stressful but that's just the way the system is.Looks like you were a straightforward case. It still does not mean that others applying at the same time will get approval in 12 weeks. You'll soon be reunited with your husband!
Old Jul 20th 2017, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Inemed1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Things have changed more applications from more countries
Visa processing time differs

Priority processing time - 50-60days (without any unstraight forward issues or email )

*unstraight forward issues via email might take 24weeks (5 working days as one week excluding weekends)
If you lucky , between 65- 75 working days

I know the wait is annoying , fustrating
ITS BEST TO WAIT WHEN YOU CLOSE TO 60 WORKING frame BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING

Thing is ,they are trying so much to reduce in flow of people coming in into the country through this route .

Wish everyone the best .
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inemed1234
Things have changed more applications from more countries
Visa processing time differs

Priority processing time - 50-60days (without any unstraight forward issues or email )

*unstraight forward issues via email might take 24weeks (5 working days as one week excluding weekends)
If you lucky , between 65- 75 working days

I know the wait is annoying , fustrating
ITS BEST TO WAIT WHEN YOU CLOSE TO 60 WORKING frame BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING

Thing is ,they are trying so much to reduce in flow of people coming in into the country through this route .

Wish everyone the best .
Just wondered how where these timelines are from? Are they an opinion or do you know someone in UKVI?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.