Wikiposts

UK Settlement Visa- issues scheduling Biometric

Old Jun 26th 2015, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Clo1585 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Settlement Visa- issues scheduling Biometric

Hey everyone! I am desperate to hear if anyone is having issues like I am filling out this application.

I am currently trying to apply online for the UK Settlement Visa as a spouse. I am inside the US but for whatever reason when I finish the application and have to schedule my biometric appointment, it only gives me locations in the UK.

I emailed them about this issue 3 times, they said in the beginning of the application I must have put my location as the UK and not the US by accident. I didn't think I did because I quadruple checked everything but I went ahead and did the application again as they advised. The same thing happened. During that application it timed out so I had to log back in so I thought maybe that affected it. So I went ahead and did the application a third time straight through and it still happened.

I emailed them a third time a few minutes ago but waiting until Monday for a response is going to make me crazy so I thought I'd ask you guys. I just have no idea what I did wrong because I have been so thorough every time.

Why won't it give me locations for the biometric in the US when I put that as my location?
has anyone else had this happen?

Thank you in advance this Visa stuff can be overwhelming!
Old Jun 28th 2015, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Settlement Visa- issues scheduling Biometric

With respect, are you sure you are applying for the correct visa?

Starting here: https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview - and continuing to here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa?

I would also try clearing the cookies/cache in your computer. You never know when some little registry error is causing an issue.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vadio
With respect, are you sure you are applying for the correct visa?

Starting here: https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview - and continuing to here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa?

I would also try clearing the cookies/cache in your computer. You never know when some little registry error is causing an issue.
Yea that's definitely the same one I did. They recently got back to me again and this time asked for some of my application details and are investigating the issue for me. Hoping everything is ok soon. Thank you so much for your response and input!
Old Jun 29th 2015, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

Try posting over on UK-Yankee (UK-Yankee Forum - Index) to see if anyone else has had the same issue. That forum is specific to folk from the US, and a lot of regulars have lots of experience, and generally can answer about any question you might have.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vadio
Try posting over on UK-Yankee (UK-Yankee Forum - Index) to see if anyone else has had the same issue. That forum is specific to folk from the US, and a lot of regulars have lots of experience, and generally can answer about any question you might have.
Yea smart thinking, I will do that soon...can ya tell I'm new to this forum thing? Thanks for being the only person to respond! 😉