Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

UK settlement visa approved but cannot enter UK for another 6 months

UK settlement visa approved but cannot enter UK for another 6 months

Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

jonasaurus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK settlement visa approved but cannot enter UK for another 6 months

Hi all
So as a UK citizen my wife who is not British has been approved for the settlement visa. Our date to enter the UK is 1 Sep however due to personal matters we are unable to enter until February next year. After speaking to the UKVI customer service we were advised that we cannot extend the entry for more than 3 months from that designated entry date.

As it stands then we will reapply for the settlement visa and nominate 1 February as our intended UK entry date. The question is how do we get around the visas4uk account we had set up and used given it states process is complete and won’t allow for a new application. Do we create a new email with all the same details of my wife?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK settlement visa approved but cannot enter UK for another 6 months

Can you not just make a quick trip to collect your wife’s BRP?
Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: UK settlement visa approved but cannot enter UK for another 6 months

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Can you not just make a quick trip to collect your wife’s BRP?
Unfortunately not due to some pregnancy complications not allowing travel
Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Understood; that’s a pity. Visa4UK should permit you to create a new application. You may need to wait until the current vignette has expired.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Understood; that’s a pity. Visa4UK should permit you to create a new application. You may need to wait until the current vignette has expired.
BiP, the HO guidance re transfer of conditions doesn't mention the 3 months referred to by the OP, could his wife not simply apply for a Transfer of Conditions?
Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:49 pm

That I don’t know. If the OP has been advised it’s not possible then that’s more information than I have. Given the cost and hassle of applying for a second visa however it might be worth a shot. The advice given out by the Home Office over the phone is not known for its accuracy.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

That I don’t know. If the OP has been advised it’s not possible then that’s more information than I have. Given the cost and hassle of applying for a second visa however it might be worth a shot. The advice given out by the Home Office over the phone is not known for its accuracy.
Agree, would be worth a shot.

OP - how to apply for a transfer of conditions (ie, apply for a new date to enter). This is all the information I have, best of luck.

Go back into the online application site where you originally applied for the visa. Click on 'new application'

Select Other ---> others ----> vignette transfer. You will see 'This visa is to request the transfer of a valid UK visa/entry clearance into a new passport' - despite the odd wording, this is the correct option.

Complete the required info, pay the fee and send. I think the fee is around £170.

This is the Home Office guidance re transfer of conditions.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ravel-vignette
https://assets.publishing.service.go...ance-v12_0.pdf
Old Oct 1st 2018, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Agree, would be worth a shot.

OP - how to apply for a transfer of conditions (ie, apply for a new date to enter). This is all the information I have, best of luck.

Go back into the online application site where you originally applied for the visa. Click on 'new application'

Select Other ---> others ----> vignette transfer. You will see 'This visa is to request the transfer of a valid UK visa/entry clearance into a new passport' - despite the odd wording, this is the correct option.

Complete the required info, pay the fee and send. I think the fee is around £170.

This is the Home Office guidance re transfer of conditions.
Appreciate the prompt responses. Will have a look at the link provided for transfer of conditions, is there a particular timeframe I should be doing this, that is after 1 Oct when the vignette has expired or even later (applying for a 1 Feb entry date)?

Last edited by jonasaurus; Oct 1st 2018 at 12:40 am.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 12:37 am

You’ll need to wait until after the current vignette has expired. What’s the earliest you could enter the UK?
Old Oct 1st 2018, 12:39 am
Just Joined

You’ll need to wait until after the current vignette has expired. What’s the earliest you could enter the UK?
I believe 1 February would be our earliest time to enter the UK at which point we will be moving back permanently.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Meant to write this a couple months ago but only have gotten round to it now.

I ended up applying for a vignette transfer moving it from the month of Sep '18 to the month of Feb '19 and accompanied that with a letter explaining intention and reason. Despite the home office help line advising to do a full application (it was stated they cannot extend beyond 3 months) thankfully I didn't and as noted by BiP and SoS it was definitely worth a try and worked! So the short of it is, if you need to delay the entry date for your vignette (beyond 3 months) then give it a shot!
Old Mar 25th 2019, 7:41 pm

Thanks for coming back to let us know.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for coming back to let us know.
Of course my pleasure, I couldn't find a definitive answer at the time when I looked so hopefully for others it helps!
Old Mar 26th 2019, 12:17 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by jonasaurus
Meant to write this a couple months ago but only have gotten round to it now.

I ended up applying for a vignette transfer moving it from the month of Sep '18 to the month of Feb '19 and accompanied that with a letter explaining intention and reason. Despite the home office help line advising to do a full application (it was stated they cannot extend beyond 3 months) thankfully I didn't and as noted by BiP and SoS it was definitely worth a try and worked! So the short of it is, if you need to delay the entry date for your vignette (beyond 3 months) then give it a shot!
Good news!
Old May 7th 2019, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

AnaPador is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. My daughter is in Manila. She was granted a settlement visa but the vignette's validity is 22-04-2019. - 22-05-2019. I cannot be able to go and pick her up on the said dates due to family concerns and work issues here in the U.K., We already booked to go to pick her up 15 Aug 2019. We did not know that there is only a 30-days validity for her entry to the UK. When is the proper time to apply for a transfer of conditions to have a new vignette? And how long will it take for a new vignette to be issued? Hope to hear of your advise. PThank you very much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.