UK Settlement(spouse) visa extreme delays and onhold

Old Oct 31st 2018, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Noorey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Settlement(spouse) visa extreme delays and onhold

Hello everyone
happy to tell you that I got my visa after sharing my pain of awaiting with you....will remind of timings of my application hope it will give hope to all of you
1.online app on 24th April
2.biometrics 25th April
3.June email of not straightforward
4.couple of emails to ask about the application and confirmation from the UKVI that our application is considered
5.email to tell us about the return of my passport on 23rd October and got my passport from fedEx on 25th after horrible stressful 2 nights so it took 6 months
I'm from Algeria and my husband is British
my prayers for you all ...May you be given patience to bear waiting...
Old Oct 31st 2018, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Patience19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful news Noorey!!

We are keeping our fingers crossed for positive news soon as our timelines are quite similar.

Wishing you all the best.

Last edited by Patience19; Oct 31st 2018 at 5:31 pm. Reason: Spelling mistake and to acknowledge previous post
Old Oct 31st 2018, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Noorey is an unknown quantity at this point

My best wishes keep praying with the almighty's will 🤩
Old Nov 1st 2018, 7:29 am
Just Joined

KJ.Miami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Settlement visa on Oct. 5th

Hello everyone,
Does anyone receive uk settlement visa early than 3 months? I can’t believe it takes forever reading others forum I’m just back here in Philippines from USA just to apply a settlement visa. We did everything on Priority service, even the appointment to apply in Philippines VFS was in priority. We 100% expected that it will only take a month, because our solicitor from London told us so. My Fiancée called the HO last week and was told that it’s on process. But reading the forum here, looks like it will take forever. Please do let me know if anyone granted a visa in less than 3 months.

Thank you, K!
Old Nov 1st 2018, 9:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settlement visa on Oct. 5th

Originally Posted by KJ.Miami
Hello everyone,
Does anyone receive uk settlement visa early than 3 months? I can’t believe it takes forever reading others forum I’m just back here in Philippines from USA just to apply a settlement visa. We did everything on Priority service, even the appointment to apply in Philippines VFS was in priority. We 100% expected that it will only take a month, because our solicitor from London told us so. My Fiancée called the HO last week and was told that it’s on process. But reading the forum here, looks like it will take forever. Please do let me know if anyone granted a visa in less than 3 months.

Thank you, K!
Your solicitor appears to be very out of touch! Hope the rest of their info is more up to date.

You can look at the timelines thread for info on how long it's taken others, yes, some have got visas within that time (even just a matter of days), but they're applying for other countries so it won't be relevant to you. But you can find timelines from those also applying from the Philippines.

Good luck with your app.
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 9:34 am
Just Joined

KJ.Miami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Settlement visa on Oct. 5th

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Your solicitor appears to be very out of touch! Hope the rest of their info is more up to date.

You can look at the timelines thread for info on how long it's taken others, yes, some have got visas within that time (even just a matter of days), but they're applying for other countries so it won't be relevant to you. But you can find timelines from those also applying from the Philippines.

Good luck with your app.
Thank You!
Did you say that there are applicants that received just in days? Or weeks? I guess, third world countries takes a long time to process the visas. Oh well! I now expect my application result in 6 months, worse case scenario.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

2Gether is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Got my entry clearance yesterday! Whoot Whoot! I'm flying to the UK this Friday and will get to spend the holidays with my husband! I hope all of you get a response soon. Below is my timeline:

Applied for spousal visa online 3/09/2018 and fulfilled all the requirements & biometrics.
5/21/2018 the Home Office sent vague email stating application was" not straight forward" with no explanation of what that meant.

We have had the MP contact them twice. The first time 6/25/2018 she was told they were working on it. 7/12/2018 she called them back and was told that it would be finalized in 2 weeks.... we're still waiting.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Patience19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful news 2Gether!!

Wishing you all the best.

My husband and I are still waiting

Hopefully God willing we hope to hear some positive news soon as it's been too long and our wish is to spend the festive season together.

All the best to you and your husband.