UK Settlement(spouse) visa extreme delays and onhold

Old Nov 12th 2017, 7:24 am
Just Joined

wayne_SG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Settlement(spouse) visa extreme delays and onhold

Hi, Does anyone know the length of time that a settlement visa should take ? I applied in May for my wife who is Indonesian and the mother of our daughter who is a British citizen. I was told 3 months at VFS Singapore and saw 4 months on the official site. It has now been over 6 months and the last communication was that it was not straight forward. I wish I had paid for the express service my job in SG is precarious at best. We are stuck in the SG as my wifes passport is in Sheffield.

Any timelines greatly received, My tenants moved out of my house in August and my daughter was meant to start pre school in September. This is extremely stressfull as Singapore is so expensive.

Thanks for your time
Old Nov 12th 2017, 9:49 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayne_SG
Hi, Does anyone know the length of time that a settlement visa should take ? I applied in May for my wife who is Indonesian and the mother of our daughter who is a British citizen. I was told 3 months at VFS Singapore and saw 4 months on the official site. It has now been over 6 months and the last communication was that it was not straight forward. I wish I had paid for the express service my job in SG is precarious at best. We are stuck in the SG as my wifes passport is in Sheffield.

Any timelines greatly received, My tenants moved out of my house in August and my daughter was meant to start pre school in September. This is extremely stressfull as Singapore is so expensive.

Thanks for your time
There is a specific timelines thread on this forum, but from what I have read you should be coming to the end of your wait. The Official site timings were somewhat optimistic as there is currently a large backlog.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eng2017
Thank u for ur reply, this lessens my regret for not going for the premium a bit....my wife was in tears today when i spoke to her...she'd read a few post on 'immigrationboards' forum and thinks that only those who applied for premium service are getting the visas, ofcourse with delays, but there was no sign of hope for the standard ones....I guess we can't form a judgement based on a few posts...

Thanks for ur response..
Non Priority applicants are hearing back and getting the visa's - but at the moment i'd say a large percentage of priority applicants are getting the decisions and were still in the backlog/queue.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Kumar5689 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
I m new to this forums.
I applied for the spouse visa in December 2016 still waiting for the decision. I have received few not straight forward emails.
I was on student visa before may be that’s why they are taking more time .
I don’t know what to do !!!
Old Nov 14th 2017, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Eng2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Kumar5689

It depends on what visa category are you currently, i don't think it matters on if you were on student visa before.

e.g. my friend is on Tier2 (intra company) - He got married in June2017 and applied for a spouse visa based on this category for his wife, the wife got visa in 15 working days as it says for that particular category.

It's mainly the Brit citizen and ILR spouses are suffering all the delays.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Eng2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

What I don't understand is for Tier2 (Intra company) or even Tier2 (general) spouse visas the processing time is within 15 working days.

If they say that they want to crack down on shan marriages, what type of checks they are doing for the spouses for the above mentioned categories.

This means that UKVI don't care about the marriages if they are genuin or not for the above categories but they must check for the citizens and ILR spouses.

This is ridiculous really. And look at the difference in processing times. One is 15 working days and another one although says 60 working days, but in the current scenario, could well be 15 months!!!!!!!!!!.......please don't take this as it will take 15 months, I am just pointing out the extent of the issue here.

I would really like to understand UKVI's explanation on this one.

regards
Eng2017
Old Nov 14th 2017, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Kumar5689 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I was on student visa. Currently I m in India .
Old Nov 14th 2017, 1:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

What I don't understand is for Tier2 (Intra company) or even Tier2 (general) spouse visas the processing time is within 15 working days.

If they say that they want to crack down on shan marriages, what type of checks they are doing for the spouses for the above mentioned categories.

This means that UKVI don't care about the marriages if they are genuin or not for the above categories but they must check for the citizens and ILR spouses.
Of course they have to check for people who are marrying British citizens. That spouse is being given permission to enter the UK as a spouse, or prospective spouse, of a British citizen, with a clear path to citizenship for themselves. They can only have this right if their marriage is genuine.
This is not the case with the spouse of someone on a Tier 2 or 4 visa. They are not entering with the right to stay permanently as the partner of a British citizen.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

This is ridiculous really. And look at the difference in processing times. One is 15 working days and another one although says 60 working days, but in the current scenario, could well be 15 months!!!!!!!!!!.......please don't take this as it will take 15 months, I am just pointing out the extent of the issue here.

I would really like to understand UKVI's explanation on this one.

regards
Eng2017

As I understand it, there is no route to settlement for intra company transfers, and with the General 2 visa the spouse is fully dependent on the Tier 2 worker for rights to remain in the UK. If the worker's visa is withdrawn at any time, the spouse must leave.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

harsimran_tanman147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Tarun
I am in similar situation as you were last year. I applied for my husband's spouse visa in Feb 2018. I am still waiting for his decision!
Can you please let me know when did your wife got her visa and how long you had to wait!
Its been more than 6 months and I have escalated his case twice!
Thanks in advance
Old Aug 12th 2018, 12:36 am
Just Joined

wayne_SG is an unknown quantity at this point

After 10 months and after escalating numerous times. I engaged my MP and two weeks later got the rejection letter :-(
they must have lost my application or missplaced it. It should never have taken so long. I have resolved the two issues and will be reapplying in September.
Old Aug 12th 2018, 11:14 am
Just Joined

harsimran_tanman147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello wayne SG

Are you going to reapply next month?
But why UKVI took so long and if you don't mind can you share reason for refusal?
I have also escalated two to three times and was thinking of involving MP!
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Noorey is an unknown quantity at this point

What ???? After 10 months and u got a refusal 😨😨😨 don't give me a heart attack...I've got the non straightforward email too agter applying on april and been waiting for 6 months now...really broken and frustrated....please guys update us
Old Oct 26th 2018, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Patience19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning. I am new to this forum. OMG. This is very worrying indeed. To be refused a visa after waiting for 10 months is very sad and upsetting. I am extremely nervous now and I dare not share this information with my husband. I am a British citizen living in the UK and my husband is a Grenadian living in Grenada. A spouse application was completed online as well as the biometrics in March 2018. We received a ‘not straightforward’ email in June 2018. As we did not hear anything from the UKVI an email was sent to the UKVI Contact Centre in September asking for an update. They replied stating that they can confirm our application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. Then last Saturday my documents etc. were returned. To apply in March and to only receive my documents now confirms they have a huge backlog. So I guess the UK Decision Making Centre really is experiencing some severe delays. We are praying for a positive outcome. Time and money spent then to receive a refusal is heart breaking.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

2Gether is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Everyone,
From reading everyone's previous posts I feel your pain! I'm praying everyone on here gets an answer soon! Its hard being apart from your loved ones as long as we have been.

Just joined and wanted to share my timeline. I'm from the US and have been married to my husband for 19 years. We've lived in the US for 19 years when he received an opportunity to transfer back to the UK through his job. He jumped at the chance to move back to be closer to his family and we were looking forward to the move.

Applied for spousal visa online 3/09/2018 and fulfilled all the requirements & biometrics.
5/21/2018 the Home Office sent vague email stating application was" not straight forward" with no explanation of what that meant.

We have had the MP contact them twice. The first time 6/25/2018 she was told they were working on it. 7/12/2018 she called them back and was told that it would be finalized in 2 weeks.... we're still waiting.
Feels like there's no end in sight!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.