UK police/military records

Old Oct 10th 2001, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by thetreefrog

The I-129 form and supporting documentation go out to Vermont tomorrow. Now it's just a matter of waiting. Anyone want to place bets on the interview date?

Thanks again!

-laurie
Good news - glad it's all sorted out.

Guesses over interview dates? I'd say it will take Vermont between 4 and 6 weeks to apprive the petition and then another 4 to 6 weeks to do the packet 3 and 4 exchanges here in the UK, so allowing for holidays etc, the interview may well be on for sometime in January.

Check out http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/ and click on the I-129F timelines link for info about how long Vermont is taking.

Good luck to you both.

Brian.

Old Oct 10th 2001, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

thetreefrog is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Brian...

I had seen the visa site with the timelines... it's a great recourse.

Due to receiving some bad advice from a lawyer, who told us a DCF would be possible in London even if I wasn't resident in the UK, we had planned the wedding for January 19th... Jeremy's even got a plane ticket booked for January 12th. Needless to say, we've now made the difficult decision to postpone the wedding, even though there is a chance that everything could be taken care of by then. We figured we were better safe than sorry...

I'm still holding out hope for an interview in early January, even though the wedding's being moved regardless.
Old Oct 10th 2001, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still holding out hope for an interview in early
January, even though the wedding's being moved
regardless.
Well good luck again and I hope you get what you want.

BTW, The administrator at britishexpats.com has had a problem this morning in that his system sent out about five duplicates of everything that was posted via his site since yesterday evening, so if you got my messages many times, I am sorry... He tells me it's fixed now...

Brian.
Old Oct 15th 2001, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

thetreefrog is an unknown quantity at this point

Further confirmation of what my fiancee had been told by phone regarding police/military records...

Before my fiancee got in touch with the embassy by phone we had found an email contact form on the US Embassy site (at the bottom of the K-1 FAQ where it says "need more information, email us"). So we decided to send in our question regarding police reports/military records. I submitted the question not really expecting a reply because elsewhere on the site it says they are "unable to respond to email inquiries at this time". Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised when about 5 days later I got a response back that said the following:

"Police certificates will not be required from the countries your fiance served in while in the Royal Air Force; his military records will suffice. However, he will require a police certificate from the United Kingdom."

The email address it came from is [email protected]. Like I said, the reply came within about 5 days. The form we submitted promised a reply within 48 hours, but we submitted the question over the weekend of Columbus day, so that could help explain the delay.

Hope that helps someone....