UK passport renewal issues

Old Aug 3rd 2018, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice
Angry UK passport renewal issues

I am in the midst of moving back to UK, and on my last visit to the UK, went ahead and applied for renewal of UK passport. My first British passport was the old black kind and long since expired, and I could not locate it before I left for my trip. I submitted the application while I was in the UK, and when I called the passport line, they said I need to report it lost, which I did. However, now they are treating my passport application like its a first passport request. I had to get a family friend who fitted one of the job Caterogies listed, to countersign the application. In the meantime, I had to fly back to the US, and they still have not issued my passport. Now, they are following up with family friend who countersigned and wanting more information, and he's being a dick, and won't return the form they sent him. Will they just ask me for another Countersign from someone else, or will they cancel the whole application, and will I have to start it over again from US, as overseas applicant? Why do I even need a Countersign, if I have already previously been issues a British passport, and are they going to want me to fly back to do a passport interview?
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 8:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK passport renewal issues

Filing such an application whilst on holiday wasn’t a great idea. Did you give them a UK address to send your passport to?
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Filing such an application whilst on holiday wasn’t a great idea. Did you give them a UK address to send your passport to?
I was there for over some months, should have been plenty of time to issue the passport, and yes, I stay with a sibling, who lives and resides in the UK, so I don't see the issue..

Last edited by Islandgurl; Aug 3rd 2018 at 8:48 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 9:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Islandgurl
However, now they are treating my passport application like its a first passport request.
From the passport application info -

“Follow the process for getting a first adult passport if the last passport you had was an old black or blue passport.”

Old Aug 4th 2018, 12:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Islandgurl
I was there for over some months, should have been plenty of time to issue the passport, and yes, I stay with a sibling, who lives and resides in the UK, so I don't see the issue..
First time UK applicants need to attend an interview but if your countersignatory is refusing to cooperate then they are likely to refuse your application before you get to that stage.