UK Passport document question.

Old Apr 6th 2022, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

New_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond repute
Question UK Passport document question.

Hi there,

I will be returning to the UK later this year after being away for over 30 years. I am just in the process of renewing my out dated British Passport from Canada. I am confused about what documents I need to include. They say you need to send "Full colour copy (every page including blank pages) of any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled" Does that mean I have to photocopy and print in colour my two old/expried Canadian passports?

Thank you.
Old Apr 7th 2022, 12:08 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport document question.

I wouldn't bother with the expired ones, and many people don't send the blank pages either. Nobody has ever reported a problem as far as I remember, not even me. .... I filled in the form disclosing that I am now also a US citizen, but between completing the form and mailing it, completely forgot that I needed to copy my US passport and include it in the envelope.

My application was mailed in the UK on Monday, and I received my new British passport in the US on Wednesday of the following week. So completely omitting my US passport didn't seem to have any consequences for the issuing of my new British passport.
Old Apr 7th 2022, 12:28 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I also forgot to include copies of my valid US passport, but received a new GB pp in about a week. a few years ago.
Old Apr 7th 2022, 12:54 am
Just Joined

New_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond reputeNew_Beginnings has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I wouldn't bother with the expired ones, and many people don't send the blank pages either. Nobody has ever reported a problem as far as I remember, not even me. .... I filled in the form disclosing that I am now also a US citizen, but between completing the form and mailing it, completely forgot that I needed to copy my US passport and include it in the envelope.

My application was mailed in the UK on Monday, and I received my new British passport in the US on Wednesday of the following week. So completely omitting my US passport didn't seem to have any consequences for the issuing of my new British passport.
haha Thank you. It is such a pain photocopying that stuff lol
Old Apr 7th 2022, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much.
Old Apr 7th 2022, 12:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RICH
I also forgot to include copies of my valid US passport, but received a new GB pp in about a week. a few years ago.
Thank you very much.
Old Apr 7th 2022, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Revans18 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for my UK passport on January 16th and my documents were received on March 2nd. I have not received my passport yet. I mailed my UK birth certificate and color copies of every page of my US passport, as the directions state. I had to go to FEdEx and use the color copier, which was a pain. Anyway, still waiting……the website says “processing” and I have not received any emails asking for more info. I don’t think I can call international from my phone, so relying on email/website for info. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 7th 2022, 10:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revans18
..... I don’t think I can call international from my phone, so relying on email/website for info. Any thoughts?
What's wrong with your phone?
Old Apr 8th 2022, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Revans18
I applied for my UK passport on January 16th and my documents were received on March 2nd. I have not received my passport yet. I mailed my UK birth certificate and color copies of every page of my US passport, as the directions state. I had to go to FEdEx and use the color copier, which was a pain. Anyway, still waiting……the website says “processing” and I have not received any emails asking for more info. I don’t think I can call international from my phone, so relying on email/website for info. Any thoughts?
I bet if you were able to call they would not have any new information for you. I have a friend in Canada who has been waiting 4 weeks for hers to come from the UK. Hang in there. Let us know when it comes lol
Old Apr 8th 2022, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Revans18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your positive support!
Old Apr 8th 2022, 2:45 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

I submitted just the biometrics page of my US passport when I renewed my UK passport. No problems, fast turnaround.