UK Job Offer Scenario

Old Mar 18th 2014, 12:17 am
Just Joined

britishbillinusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Job Offer Scenario

Quick scenario for you lovely people.

I (Brit) move to UK alone (currently in US with American wife). I get job in UK meeting financial requirements. Can I immediately apply for her VISA? Or is there a waiting period?

Thanks again
Old Mar 18th 2014, 1:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Job Offer Scenario

If you already have been earning more than £18,600 pa in the US and you have a job offer in the UK also earning more than £18,600 pa then your wife can apply for a visa to come with you and you can move together. If not you'll need to work in the UK for six months earning above that threshold before your wife can lodge her application.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 1:17 am
Just Joined

BritInParis, thanks so much for the reply. I'm still a bit confused. I am currently employed in USA earning more than 18.6k. I do not have an offer in UK lined up. I will be moving to the UK alone, and finding employment ASAP. If i find a job within a month, can we apply then? or still have to wait 6 months?
Thanks again
Old Mar 18th 2014, 1:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishbillinusa
BritInParis, thanks so much for the reply. I'm still a bit confused. I am currently employed in USA earning more than 18.6k. I do not have an offer in UK lined up. I will be moving to the UK alone, and finding employment ASAP. If i find a job within a month, can we apply then? or still have to wait 6 months?
Thanks again
If you earned 18,600 now and had a job which started within 3 months of your return to the UK you could apply now and your wife go with you to the UK.

If you enter the UK without a job and then obtain a job you need to hold it for 6 months before you can apply for the spouse visa.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks SanDiegogirl. One thing I neglected to mention. We aren't actually married yet (we were planning on a city hall wedding in the next few weeks). Does it help our cause at all to not be married? Perhaps the fiance visa??
Thank you SO much
Old Mar 18th 2014, 2:21 am
Just Joined

I've just seen Category B here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...5/IDI6.doc.pdf

Would we be eligible if I came alone, got a job, then filed?
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Well spotted. Paragraph 15 of appendix fm-se confirms this. You need to show that in the 12 months preceding the application you earned over 18600, which will depend on how long you take to find work and how much you earned in the states.