UK income or Overseas income options- Advice needed!

Old Jul 1st 2018, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

A3am is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK income or Overseas income options- Advice needed!

Hi,
I am a US green card holder, my husband is a US citizen. We have spent the last 3 years living in the US. We are both teachers and currently in the UK for our summer break. I have just been offered a job here in the UK and my husband is returning to the US soon to apply for his spousal visa so we can settle here in the UK. I am not going back to the US when my husband goes to apply for his visa.

Looking at the financial requirements, I'm confused as to which category to apply under. The Appendix 2 form says to only use overseas income if the sponsor is resident outside the UK. I am still employed with my US employer until the end of August but I am not physically there. . However I can't apply using my UK income as my UK job starts at the beginning of September.

Can I just go ahead and apply using my overseas income and UK job offer? I will still be employed in the US and be on a US rental lease, but I will be here in the UK.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 10:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK income or Overseas income options- Advice needed!

Originally Posted by A3am
Hi,
I am a US green card holder, my husband is a US citizen. We have spent the last 3 years living in the US. We are both teachers and currently in the UK for our summer break. I have just been offered a job here in the UK and my husband is returning to the US soon to apply for his spousal visa so we can settle here in the UK. I am not going back to the US when my husband goes to apply for his visa.

Looking at the financial requirements, I'm confused as to which category to apply under. The Appendix 2 form says to only use overseas income if the sponsor is resident outside the UK. I am still employed with my US employer until the end of August but I am not physically there. . However I can't apply using my UK income as my UK job starts at the beginning of September.

Can I just go ahead and apply using my overseas income and UK job offer? I will still be employed in the US and be on a US rental lease, but I will be here in the UK.
Will your US income continue while you are in the UK, if so you will be good to go, you will just need the proof of income that you have earned the equivalent £18,600 for the last 6 months AND have a job offer earning the correct amount starting within three months of you arriving here.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

A3am is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK income or Overseas income options- Advice needed!

Yes it will and I can provide proof of being paid by my US employer at the time of application. Thanks for your advice!