Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

UK immigration lawyer advice (applying from Aus, for a UK partner via)

UK immigration lawyer advice (applying from Aus, for a UK partner via)

Old Aug 6th 2017, 8:06 am
Just Joined

fj.tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation UK immigration lawyer advice (applying from Aus, for a UK partner via)

Hello,

My husband and I are about to apply for a partner visa so I am able to join him in the UK in Decmeber (2017). I wonder if anyone has used any type of immigration lawyer (or the likes) who prepared your application?

We are both studying and working full-time, so we believe this is going to be the easiest option! Not the cheapest though...Any recommendations for safe and reliable companies would be greatly appreciated!

Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK immigration lawyer advice (applying from Aus, for a UK partner via)

Originally Posted by fj.tom
Hello,

My husband and I are about to apply for a partner visa so I am able to join him in the UK in Decmeber (2017). I wonder if anyone has used any type of immigration lawyer (or the likes) who prepared your application?

We are both studying and working full-time, so we believe this is going to be the easiest option! Not the cheapest though...Any recommendations for safe and reliable companies would be greatly appreciated!

You could consider 1stcontact ( com) they have been going 20 plus years, are OISC registered and have offices in UK, Australia and South Africa. Friends of mine from South Africa used them for coming to the UK and were satisfied, but this is quite a number of years ago. So I cannot say how efficient they are now.
The good thing is they have a 'no visa no fee' policy. Hence in their own interest to ensure the application submitted meets the requirements.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:37 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK immigration lawyer advice (applying from Aus, for a UK partner via)

Originally Posted by fj.tom
Hello,

Hi. No need to use a UK based migration agent unless you particularly want to. Australia based MARA agents who post regularly on BE and are well regarded include TMI, and Alan Collett of Go Matilda. Go Matilda have offices in both Australia and the UK. Whoever you use, make sure they're MARA registered.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 10:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi. No need to use a UK based migration agent unless you particularly want to. Australia based MARA agents who post regularly on BE and are well regarded include TMI, and Alan Collett of Go Matilda. Go Matilda have offices in both Australia and the UK. Whoever you use, make sure they're MARA registered.
MARA registration is only for those offering advice regarding Australian immigration system. OISC registration is the UK variant - it's mandatory for any immigration adviser who isn't already a legal professional, e.g. solicitor or barrister.

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser
Old Aug 9th 2017, 10:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
MARA registration is only for those offering advice regarding Australian immigration system. OISC registration is the UK variant - it's mandatory for any immigration adviser who isn't already a legal professional, e.g. solicitor or barrister.

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser
OMG, I've become Aussiecentric! Thanks BIP, I should have said a registered migration agent