UK Immigration Law Firm Recommendations

Old Oct 22nd 2021, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

MariaWB32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Immigration Law Firm Recommendations

Hi everyone,

For those who have employed an immigration lawyer to complete their spousal visa applications or other types of applications, which firm did you use and how much did it cost? We'll be applying in January 2022 for the unmarried partner visa and I'm going back and forth between having a lawyer and not having one. I think we'll definitely meet the eligibility requirements but as we're applying from outside the UK, I'm tempted to have it done the first time by a professional and to do it myself the next time.

Best,
Maria
Old Oct 22nd 2021, 2:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Immigration Law Firm Recommendations

Doesn’t everybody have to apply from outside the UK?

Unless you’ve got complicated circumstances there’s no need to use a lawyer IMO.
Old Oct 22nd 2021, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

MariaWB32 is an unknown quantity at this point

No, my friend Justine who was already living and working in London at the time applied for her spousal visa from the UK.
Old Oct 22nd 2021, 3:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MariaWB32
No, my friend Justine who was already living and working in London at the time applied for her spousal visa from the UK.
She’s unusual, the vast majority aren’t already living and working in the UK and have to apply from abroad. My point is that your application is perfectly normal as every spouse living abroad has to apply from there, so unless you have something complicated you don’t need to use a lawyer.