From UK Fiance Visa to Spouse Visa

Old Jul 8th 2019, 10:46 am
Just Joined

artnoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From UK Fiance Visa to Spouse Visa

Hi All,

I'm currently in the UK on a UK fiancé visa and my partner and I are getting married in 2 weeks. I'm preparing for our next application once we are married and I'm trying to figure out what we need for the UK spouse visa. It seems almost identical to the fiancé visa? We applied only 2 months ago for the initial fiancé visa, so i feel like we could use a big chunk of the documentation from that application, but it doesn't feel right without getting advice. Anyone else have the same dumb feeling when transition from fiancé to Spouse visa? What are the main differences besides a wedding certificate, updated letters, potential work letters (from my side of things) and proof of marriage?
Old Jul 8th 2019, 12:49 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From UK Fiance Visa to Spouse Visa

You’ve pretty much got it. You just need to add your marriage certificate and updated financial documents.
Old Jul 8th 2019, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Not long ago I had similar experience going from fiance visa to spouse visa.

I wrote my experience below. It might be useful

Switching to Spouse visa (2.5) after initial entry clearance granted as Fiance
Old Jul 10th 2019, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks both - appreciate it.

I've taken a look on your post @Nora but i couldn't see an appendix 2 form on your list? Is this because I'm applying from within the UK from the fiance visa? It felt like the Appendix 2 form was such a big help in trying to explain my partners freelance income.

Do i really just need to add/change from my fiance application folder:

- Complete the online application after wedding date + pay fees + make an appointment
- update our letters (including family letters) to include the marriage
- current bank statements (notarised) showing sponsors current income from freelance role (do we just use all the same details for the last tax year for my partners freelancing income including tax agent letter, etc seeing as it is only 3 months old?)
- marriage certificate
- Letters from potential employers for applicant in the UK
- Applicants CV
- Rental contract
- Additional letter from Landlord stating they will continue to lease the property to us after our 6 months contract
- Council tax bills, utility bills
- update relationship photos/text and flights to include marriage and life in the UK
Old Jul 10th 2019, 5:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The information given in Appendix 2 is given as part of the online application form for applications lodged in the UK.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Thank you. Lastly, I'm trying to find processing times from applying within the UK but I seem to only find averages from outside the UK. On the gov website it says within 8 weeks or super-priority 800 pounds for a decision in 24 hours .- is there an in-between service?

Last edited by artnoise; Jul 18th 2019 at 8:13 am.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 8:51 am

There is a £500 Priority service (five working days) but it’s not available for all application types.

Last edited by BritInParis; Jul 18th 2019 at 8:53 am.