UK fiance Visa Process

Old Dec 14th 2016, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Laian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK fiance Visa Process

Hello,
I am a US citizen in a relationship with a UK citizen (and resident). We are planning on getting married and living permanently in the UK. We have decided to first apply for a fiance visa so we can live together in the UK before we marry.

I have a few questions regarding the visa process, as some of the websites that provide the necessary information are not entirely clear.

1- Not allowed to work in the UK on a fiance visa. I am currently a graduate student in the US and earning a salary. Will I be allowed to continue working/earning a salary from this US institution while living in the UK under fiance visa status?

2- Do I have to prove that I alone earn or have at least GBP 18,600 or together with my partner?

3- I read that I have to apply for fiance visa 3 months prior to moving to the UK. Is that still the case if we pay extra for the priority/expedited visa process?

4- Complete forms VAF 4A and Appendix 2 both online and on paper. Once I have filled out the paper applications, where in the US (Houston specifically) do I send them to?

5- At what point in the visa process do I take a Biometrics appointment? And WHERE (if Houston-based)?

Thank you!
Old Dec 14th 2016, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK fiance Visa Process

Originally Posted by Laian

2- Do I have to prove that I alone earn or have at least GBP 18,600 or together with my partner?
It will be the British Citizen spouse who needs to meet the financial requirement of earning at lease £18,600 per year. However, you can also use savings worth £62,500 to meet the financial requirement.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks HKG3.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 9:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

1. No, you cannot work in the UK whilst on a fiance visa. You will need to marry and then apply for Further Leave to Remain. Once this is approved you can then start working immediately. If working as soon as possible is important then I would recommend paying extra for the Premium Service for an in-person same day decision. Alternatively marry in the US and apply directly for a spouse visa then there would be no break in your right to work. You could also marry in the UK on a marriage visitor visa and then return to the US to apply for your spouse visa. This is a lot cheaper and easier in some regards than going down the fiance visa route.

2. Your sponsor must have been earning at least £18,600 p.a. for the last six months at the time you lodge your application in order to meet the financial requirements through salaried income.

3. You can apply up to three months in advance of the date you wish to travel to the UK. This is the maximum, not minimum period.

4. If you are based in the US then you will need to post your application to the Home Office in Sheffield.

5. After you make your online application but before you post your application to Sheffield. You'll give your biometrics at your local USCIS Application Support Center. There are two offices in Houston.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks BritinParis!
Old Feb 24th 2017, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

ed.would is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: UK fiance Visa Process

4- Complete forms VAF 4A and Appendix 2 both online and on paper.

Hi,
sorry to borrow your thread but I have a similar question for online Spouse application from Mexico...
... am i correct in thinking we apply online and also submit a printout of online application with the Sponsorship Undertaking (SUB/07) and only the Appendix 2?

many thanks
Old Feb 24th 2017, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

We actually applied for the UK spouse visa online (VAF4A) from the US

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Accou...%2fUser%2fHome

We then followed the required steps (online signatures, payments, booking biometrics appointment) before printing out that application.

Also, we printed out Appendix 2, filled it out, and included it with the VAF4A application along with all other supporting documents.

At the center for biometrics they will inform you where to mail your application package.

Not entirely sure what is required for Mexico, but you can surely find other related posts.

Good luck!
Old Feb 24th 2017, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ed.would
Hi,
sorry to borrow your thread but I have a similar question for online Spouse application from Mexico...
... am i correct in thinking we apply online and also submit a printout of online application with the Sponsorship Undertaking (SUB/07) and only the Appendix 2?

many thanks
Yes you apply online and no you don't need SUO/7. Yes you need to print out and complete Appendix 2
Old Feb 26th 2017, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

ed.would is an unknown quantity at this point

brill, thanks San Diego