UK Fiance Visa - NHS Question

Old Jan 24th 2017, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

shynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Fiance Visa - NHS Question

Hey folks,

Just in the process of applying for a UK fiancé visa. I previously lived in the UK with a Youth Mobility Scheme Visa and utilized the NHS during my time there (this was prior to the NHS surcharge being enforced), and didn't pay for anything apart from dental care (typical £18 nhs charge) and some travel jabs which I don't have receipts for. Since leaving the UK I have been back for a 6 month visit and utilized the NHS, for which I have since paid.

On the visa application form do I have to include all previous NHS treatment or just what I wasn't entitled to while on a tourist visa? My gp surgery in London has actually closed so I am having trouble getting ahold of those records as is. Any advice would be brilliant!
Old Jan 26th 2017, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Fiance Visa - NHS Question

Originally Posted by shynes
Hey folks,

Just in the process of applying for a UK fiancé visa. I previously lived in the UK with a Youth Mobility Scheme Visa and utilized the NHS during my time there (this was prior to the NHS surcharge being enforced), and didn't pay for anything apart from dental care (typical £18 nhs charge) and some travel jabs which I don't have receipts for. Since leaving the UK I have been back for a 6 month visit and utilized the NHS, for which I have since paid.

On the visa application form do I have to include all previous NHS treatment or just what I wasn't entitled to while on a tourist visa? My gp surgery in London has actually closed so I am having trouble getting ahold of those records as is. Any advice would be brilliant!
were you on the what was called once the working holiday visa? was it for two years? what country are you from? on those visas you were usually entitled to healthcare. They were not tourist visas.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't the question you are referring to ask whether you had to pay for your treatment?

(it is assumed that this question is asked to verify whether or not you have outstanding NHS bills)

You would not have had to pay for treatment if in the UK on a visa - so, personally, I would provide information on the treatment you received while as a visitor and provide details of the payment.

You don't have to get hold of records. Just provide info as to who you saw, where, when and what you paid.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

shynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angie_329
were you on the what was called once the working holiday visa? was it for two years? what country are you from? on those visas you were usually entitled to healthcare. They were not tourist visas.
From Canada, and yes it was a 2 year working holiday visa, so I was entitled to treatment at that time. I'm just unsure whether or not I need to include my NHS history for those 2 years in addition to more recent treatment which I have paid for as an overseas visitor. The "Additional Information" box is filling up fast and furious as is!
Old Jan 27th 2017, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Doesn't the question you are referring to ask whether you had to pay for your treatment?

(it is assumed that this question is asked to verify whether or not you have outstanding NHS bills)

You would not have had to pay for treatment if in the UK on a visa - so, personally, I would provide information on the treatment you received while as a visitor and provide details of the payment.

You don't have to get hold of records. Just provide info as to who you saw, where, when and what you paid.
Brilliant, thanks SanDiegogirl! I still have one outstanding NHS bill of £700 which I am desperately trying to chase up, though it is proving seriously difficult. Keep getting passed along to yet another organisation or department.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 11:25 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I would tick 'Yes' to that question and complete the details of where and when you paid for your treatment whilst as a visitor. That you previously eligible for and received free NHS treatment is essentially irrelevant as there should be no outstanding bills as SanDiegogirl mentions. Providing your NHS number will clarify that for the ECO. If you want to add it in the 'Additional Information' section then you can but don't sweat it if you don't.

Brilliant, thanks SanDiegogirl! I still have one outstanding NHS bill of £700 which I am desperately trying to chase up, though it is proving seriously difficult. Keep getting passed along to yet another organisation or department.
In that case I would ensure this is paid before you lodge your application.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I would tick 'Yes' to that question and complete the details of where and when you paid for your treatment whilst as a visitor. That you previously eligible for and received free NHS treatment is essentially irrelevant as there should be no outstanding bills as SanDiegogirl mentions. Providing your NHS number will clarify that for the ECO. If you want to add it in the 'Additional Information' section then you can but don't sweat it if you don't.

Yes I have my online app ready to submit, but just holding off until I get that outstanding invoice taken care of.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Another quick question: do I then need to include the receipts showing I have paid for treatment? Just wondering if it'll look bad showing payment 6 months after treatment?
Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Another quick question: do I then need to include the receipts showing I have paid for treatment? Just wondering if it'll look bad showing payment 6 months after treatment?
Providing it's paid, it's paid. Provide the receipts.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

NHS Help Please!

I have had my application ready to go since January, however I still have an outstanding debt with the NHS. My old gp surgery has closed, the hospital I had treatment at has said they already received payment from the NHS so they cannot take my payment, and I have not been able to get a response from my local Commissioning Group branch of the NHS who took said payment. Anyone else had this issue? How do I make repayment? Cannot lodge my visa application until this is resolved. Getting desperate here!!
Old Mar 8th 2017, 1:31 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hey folks,

Just checking - the £700 unpaid debt you refer to was incurred during the 6 month visit you mention above?

I don't know if you've seen the attached, it may provide some additional information. https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ients_2016.pdf

It does appear that the relevant NHS Trust/Foundation Trust is the NHS body who could help you with this - are you sure you're attempting to contact the right organization?

Alternately, if your debt was incurred more than a couple of months ago it has likely been passed to a debt collection agency, who along with the relevant NHS body are required to inform the Home Office/Immigration when a debt has been incurred, and also when it has been paid. Do you have any correspondence from, or knowledge of, which agency the debt was allocated to for collection? If so, I'd suggest contacting them.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Just checking - the £700 unpaid debt you refer to was incurred during the 6 month visit you mention above?

I don't know if you've seen the attached, it may provide some additional information. https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ients_2016.pdf

It does appear that the relevant NHS Trust/Foundation Trust is the NHS body who could help you with this - are you sure you're attempting to contact the right organization?

Alternately, if your debt was incurred more than a couple of months ago it has likely been passed to a debt collection agency, who along with the relevant NHS body are required to inform the Home Office/Immigration when a debt has been incurred, and also when it has been paid. Do you have any correspondence from, or knowledge of, which agency the debt was allocated to for collection? If so, I'd suggest contacting them.
Thanks for the reply spouse of scouse -

Yes this £700 debt was incurred during my previous 6 month stay as a visitor, not resident. I have read the gov.uk file several times over but haven't found it to help my predicament unfortunately

I contacted the hospital I was treated at, they referred me to the specific Trust; the Trust told me they couldn't accept payment because payment had already been made by my local Clinical Commissioning Group (where I previously lived in the UK and where I was registered for my gp surgery). I reached out to that CCG and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I contacted the NHS general enquiries line, and they referred me to the Department of Health. Yesterday I spoke with someone at the DH who told me they have on file all individuals whose information has been shared with the Home Office, and I was not on it, and had no outstanding debt as far as they were concerned. However they were not able to provide me with that information in writing, so suggested I reach out to the specific hospital. So it's come full circle and with no clearer resolution! I guess because I have an NHS number from previous residency they just made the assumption that I was eligible and the payment went through with no red flags.

I have read on a couple forums that it may be enough to submit the email correspondence trail showing that I attempted to may repayment. Only issue is I only have those from the Trust, not the CCG or DH, who at present refuse to put it in writing as it may be a liability for them to state I have no debt when I do?

Oh good grief! I just want to pay you, NHS!
Old Mar 9th 2017, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply spouse of scouse -

Yes this £700 debt was incurred during my previous 6 month stay as a visitor, not resident. I have read the gov.uk file several times over but haven't found it to help my predicament unfortunately

I contacted the hospital I was treated at, they referred me to the specific Trust; the Trust told me they couldn't accept payment because payment had already been made by my local Clinical Commissioning Group (where I previously lived in the UK and where I was registered for my gp surgery). I reached out to that CCG and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I contacted the NHS general enquiries line, and they referred me to the Department of Health. Yesterday I spoke with someone at the DH who told me they have on file all individuals whose information has been shared with the Home Office, and I was not on it, and had no outstanding debt as far as they were concerned. However they were not able to provide me with that information in writing, so suggested I reach out to the specific hospital. So it's come full circle and with no clearer resolution! I guess because I have an NHS number from previous residency they just made the assumption that I was eligible and the payment went through with no red flags.

I have read on a couple forums that it may be enough to submit the email correspondence trail showing that I attempted to may repayment. Only issue is I only have those from the Trust, not the CCG or DH, who at present refuse to put it in writing as it may be a liability for them to state I have no debt when I do?

Oh good grief! I just want to pay you, NHS!
This is a story for the Daily Mail. 'Foreign visitor tries to repay NHS and is put through bureaucratic hoops'.

Did you have an MP when you were a resident before (that you mention) your visitor stay? Writing to him/her about your predicament ( or a friend from that constituency might write on your behalf) may cover you to show you tried your best if your application fails, or his reply may assist you to include in the application.

You could also try and run a credit check via Experian on your previous UK addresses to see if any debts come up?

however it sounds like due to your NHS number they assumed you were eligible for treatment. I wonder if mentioning the whole saga might hinder your application, as if an unpaid debt they will not grant your visa. they may view it as your problem you could not find a way to pay it. I do not know for sure, but speculating.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 7:31 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

What's the exact date you incurred the debt?
Old Mar 12th 2017, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
What's the exact date you incurred the debt?
August 2016

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.