UK Fiance visa. Missing documents

Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

luna0611 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Fiance visa. Missing documents

Hey all! Im am really new to this. Figured I could vent here since most of us are on the same boat. Really nervous, I recently submitted my application with all my documents on June 5. Of course, as soon as posted it to Sheffield, I realized that I forgot to send my finances most recent pay slip.

Unfortunately there was nothing I could do at the time because the day I posted the package was the day he arrived to visit me. I tried to relax and not think about it. But Ive heard all the horror stories how your visa can just get flat out rejected and they basically could care less to contact you and let you know to submit them.

I called the number that was provided to find out information about how to send additional paperwork. Well Im £30 poorer because they were not much help. They basically told me that I can't submit anything else because my visa is being "taken into consideration" I received an email the day after (June 9) to let me know that they have received my package and settlement visas take roughly around 12 weeks to process.

Im just wondering if anyone has been through something similar. Has anyone ever been able to send in missing documents? Im going nuts over here. Im trying to be as positive as I can be, but Im almost 1000% certain Im going to get a big fat no. (Especially because my fiances bank, HSBC, refused to stamp his statements because of their policy) And the wait to get that "no" is driving me insane. Because obviously they have my passport and I can't see my SO.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

a223chu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Fiance visa. Missing documents

Originally Posted by luna0611
Hey all! Im am really new to this. Figured I could vent here since most of us are on the same boat. Really nervous, I recently submitted my application with all my documents on June 5. Of course, as soon as posted it to Sheffield, I realized that I forgot to send my finances most recent pay slip.

Unfortunately there was nothing I could do at the time because the day I posted the package was the day he arrived to visit me. I tried to relax and not think about it. But Ive heard all the horror stories how your visa can just get flat out rejected and they basically could care less to contact you and let you know to submit them.

I called the number that was provided to find out information about how to send additional paperwork. Well Im £30 poorer because they were not much help. They basically told me that I can't submit anything else because my visa is being "taken into consideration" I received an email the day after (June 9) to let me know that they have received my package and settlement visas take roughly around 12 weeks to process.

Im just wondering if anyone has been through something similar. Has anyone ever been able to send in missing documents? Im going nuts over here. Im trying to be as positive as I can be, but Im almost 1000% certain Im going to get a big fat no. (Especially because my fiances bank, HSBC, refused to stamp his statements because of their policy) And the wait to get that "no" is driving me insane. Because obviously they have my passport and I can't see my SO.

HSBC often add another level of complexity to things when you request for something that people dont usually ask for every day. I find that Halifax/Lloyds are more helpful on these requests.

Anyway about your missing document, as you aware there isnt much you can do about it at this stage, I would think what is going to happen is, they might get in touch with you when they start looking at your application and ask for additional information if they dont have other reasons to reject your application. Few months ago my wife was waiting for her marriage visa (when she was not even in UK and we were waiting for that before she comes over for our wedding) and they asked for additional payslips from my employer, all they did, they sent her an email from a deferral team where you can write directly to them with some reference numbers. And they accepted my payslips in PDF.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for replying. It does help. It eases me a bit as well. I know the only thing left to do is just wait. Just praying for good news. *fingers crossed !!!
Old Jul 11th 2017, 6:54 am
Just Joined

OlympicRudi is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm actually a bit worried now as I sent passport photos in that were wrongly sent back to us. Tried to phone them to confirm procedures first, but they were no help at all.

Hopefully as it was their fault & I included an explanatory letter they'll accept the passport photos. Good luck with yours!
Old Jul 11th 2017, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OlympicRudi
I'm actually a bit worried now as I sent passport photos in that were wrongly sent back to us. Tried to phone them to confirm procedures first, but they were no help at all.

Hopefully as it was their fault & I included an explanatory letter they'll accept the passport photos. Good luck with yours!
I feel your frustration! I hope all turns out well for you! Unfortunately, it's all a waiting game and just fingers crossed. :/
Old Jul 12th 2017, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Base on my experience just two days ago. I went directly to the uk visa centre to submit my documents and do the biometrics and I also provided my passport photos but they said they don't need it,so maybe that is the reason why they sent back to you your passport photos
Old Jul 12th 2017, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by diane1982
Base on my experience just two days ago. I went directly to the uk visa centre to submit my documents and do the biometrics and I also provided my passport photos but they said they don't need it,so maybe that is the reason why they sent back to you your passport photos
Maybe it's different depending on where you apply but our application instructions specifically asked for a photo?

Anyway they have it now, and I'd rather play safe by sending it back before they try to claim we didn't send it etc. I don't know how we'd cope with a refusal for such a stupid reason after all this torturous wait!
Old Jul 15th 2017, 4:36 am
Just Joined

Maybe it's different depending on where you apply but our application instructions specifically asked for a photo?

Anyway they have it now, and I'd rather play safe by sending it back before they try to claim we didn't send it etc. I don't know how we'd cope with a refusal for such a stupid reason after all this torturous wait!
Worry over, we were successful! 😊
Old Sep 10th 2017, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by a223chu
HSBC often add another level of complexity to things when you request for something that people dont usually ask for every day. I find that Halifax/Lloyds are more helpful on these requests.

Anyway about your missing document, as you aware there isnt much you can do about it at this stage, I would think what is going to happen is, they might get in touch with you when they start looking at your application and ask for additional information if they dont have other reasons to reject your application. Few months ago my wife was waiting for her marriage visa (when she was not even in UK and we were waiting for that before she comes over for our wedding) and they asked for additional payslips from my employer, all they did, they sent her an email from a deferral team where you can write directly to them with some reference numbers. And they accepted my payslips in PDF.

Hope this helps.
Good news ! Got the visa will be flying out in a couple weeks
Old Sep 11th 2017, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats😊
Old Sep 11th 2017, 6:07 am
Just Joined

acaguk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Luna, congratulations on your approved visa! Did they get in touch with you to request any further documentations?
Old Sep 20th 2017, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on getting your visa and all the best with the exciting move!!

Just a quick question regarding the bank statements you provided - did you end up just sending printouts from your online banking without the bank's stamp? I experienced the same issue with HSBC in Hong Kong when asking for them to stamp my statements as all our bank statements are online and they refused to stamp for us on the spot. Only option was to have HSBC head office print and stamp which was going to take another 2-3 weeks. We were advised at the VFS centre in HK that they accept printouts for online bank statements without the stamps. Just want to see if there's been any successful cases of this?

Last edited by b813; Sep 20th 2017 at 8:38 am.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

fiend is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you end up sending your missing documents to them or did they request them from you?
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 9:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiend
Did you end up sending your missing documents to them or did they request them from you?
Luna hasn't posted since Sept 2017 so is very unlikely to see your post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.