UK family visa from OZ

Old Jan 22nd 2023, 12:34 am
Just Joined

MontyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Post UK family visa from OZ

Hi all, my first post so hopefully I'm in the right spot! I have a question about the family visa, sprinkled in with the usual few complications :-)

I'm British and my partner is now Australian (but used to have German citizenship). Quick summary of our movements:

2007-2012:
- Lived and worked in the UK (at the time my partner was there on a German passport, so no visa was required).
- We also became civil partners during this time.
2012 - 2023:
- Living in Australia
- Both became Australian citizens, giving me dual nationality. My partner had to give up on German citizenship to become an Australian.

Now we're planning on moving back to the UK and looking at visa options.

1) Is the family visa the best choice for this application? Neither of us will have a job on arrival but we do meet the savings requirements.
2) Does the fact that he has previously worked and lived in the UK help at all? He already has an NI number and is registered with HMRC and NHS, etc.
3) Is there any way for him to arrive as a 'tourist' and then apply for a family visa from inside the UK? It seems like this is not possible, but as he has lived/worked there previously, does this make any difference?

Many thanks!

Old Jan 22nd 2023, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK family visa from OZ

. 1. Yes..... the family visa (spouse) is the one you need to apply for and if using savings then 62,500 GBP is required
2. As far as getting a family visa then NO.
3. NO. you cannot apply for any visa while in the UK as a visitor
Old Jan 22nd 2023, 1:00 am
Just Joined

MontyB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
. 1. Yes..... the family visa (spouse) is the one you need to apply for and if using savings then 62,500 GBP is required
2. As far as getting a family visa then NO.
3. NO. you cannot apply for any visa while in the UK as a visitor
Thank you for the info!

Do you know whether I need to have a job offer in the UK, or is having the GBP62.5 savings sufficient? Another thread mentioned that if applying from outside the UK, I would need a job offer in addition to the savings requirement.

thanks again!

Old Jan 22nd 2023, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you have 62,500 GBP and have held it as per the criteria then you are good to go....no job required.
You DO need accommodation set up though.

Don't know if you have seen the following documentation but this is the Bible for financial criteria:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf