UK Family/Spouse Visa - Appendix 2

Old Jun 19th 2018, 3:32 am
Just Joined

jenessag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Family/Spouse Visa - Appendix 2

I am a Canadian citizen living & working in NZ (with NZ Perm Residency) who is an unmarried partner of a UK citizen, we are in the process of pulling together supporting documents for Appendix 2 (Financial Requirement) for the Family Visa. We meet the financial requirement through "Cash Savings" (by having £16,000 in our joint account) and have current salaried employment in NZ which is well over the threshold (£18000 per year). Although we are unsure if we can include "Income from Salaried Employment Overseas" because my partner does NOT have an offer of employment in the UK. This is due to him returning to the UK to re-train (short term courses - 1 week long).

Will providing supporting documents for ONLY "Cash Savings" along with our current NZ payslips/bank statements showing substantial income be enough? Or are we risking being rejected due to only meeting the financial requirement through cash savings?

Thanks!

Last edited by jenessag; Jun 19th 2018 at 3:46 am.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 4:52 am
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Family/Spouse Visa - Appendix 2

Its £62500 for cash savings not £16000.

If the UKC is currently earning over £18600 and does not have a job offer in the UK over that amount then yes it will be rejected.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Read the following document carefully to see how one qualifies under the financial requirements. There are only a few categories and you MUST fit into one of these categories and comply with all requirements.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf

- As said if relying on savings only, one needs 62,500 GBP.
- You can use your earnings from overseas to apply from NZ, if the Brit sponsor has been earning 18600 GBP in NZ and also has a job to go to in the UK again earning 18,600 GBP per annum.
- Also, in the case of meeting finances through income it is only the Brit sponsor's income which is taken into consideration.

As you are not married you will also have to show that you have lived together as man and wife for a minimum of 2 years.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the guidance and link to the document.

Unfortunately my partner doesn't have an offer of employment in the UK, as he has been living & working abroad for 10+ years, so based on this we are not eligible for the either "Salaried Employment in UK" or "Salaried Employment Overseas". And safe to say 62,500GBP isn't readily available.

Based on our situation, do you have an alternative suggestion on visa types which I could work upon entry into the UK? Or would arriving on a visitor visa to then apply within the UK for a family visa (once my partner has employment) be the only option?

Thank you again
Old Jun 19th 2018, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Katy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jenessag

Unfortunately my partner doesn't have an offer of employment in the UK, as he has been living & working abroad for 10+ years, so based on this we are not eligible for the either "Salaried Employment in UK" or "Salaried Employment Overseas". And safe to say 62,500GBP isn't readily available.

Based on our situation, do you have an alternative suggestion on visa types which I could work upon entry into the UK? Or would arriving on a visitor visa to then apply within the UK for a family visa (once my partner has employment) be the only option?

Thank you again
Unfortunately you are not permitted to apply for a settlement visa while in the UK on a visitor visa. You'll have to apply from NZ. In most cases like yours the sponsor returns to the UK to find work first. I recommend doing as much reading as possible as there is a lot to know that it sounds like you're unaware of.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you again
You cannot enter the UK and apply for any other visa while in the UK - you also cannot work while on a visitor visa.

In your situation your Brit partner could return to the UK, find a job earning 18,600 GBP per annum, and apply for a visa for you after working for 6 months. You can visit until such time as you make the application.

Do you, the Canadian, have any British or European ancestry? British grandparents could make you eligible for an Ancestry Visa. European ancestry may make you eligible for a European passport.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Could I enter on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa (2 years) and switch to Spouse Visa? From what I have read in forums as well as on the government website it seems that way.. I am eligible for YMS visa and that would allow me to work upon entry into the UK.

Our situation is unique, as we are able to apply for our Permanent Residency in NZ as of beginning of November 2018. We need to wait to apply for any UK visa until after our NZ residency is approved or risk NZ Immigration denying our Perm Residency. The YMS visa doesn't seem like it takes as long as other visas to be approved so this could also work in our favour and we could apply soon after gaining our NZ Perm Residency.

It seems heartbreaking to think my partner would have to leave without me, re-train, gain work, be in that role for 6 months until I can even consider applying! This process would take 6-8 months minimum with him needing to retrain.. Not to mention NZ living costs on my own wouldn't be the most cost effective.

Unfortunately I don't have British ancestry, but I do have Eastern European ancestry, although this extends to my great grandparents. None of my family members have a European or British passport, making that option even more difficult or not valid.

Really appreciate your help!
Old Jun 19th 2018, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes..... if eligible get a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa and then, once married apply for spouse visa in the UK.

Looks like the easy way to go........
Old Jun 19th 2018, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for all your help!
Old Jun 19th 2018, 11:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for all your help!
I do love a happy ending and the way BE members help people
Old Jun 20th 2018, 12:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Also remember that you can use income from both the applicant and the sponsor to meet the financial requirements if you are both living and working in the UK. Any time spent on a Tier 5 YMS visa won't count towards Indefinite Leave to Remain so best to switch to a spouse visa after six months of UK employment. It's also probably a good idea to wait to move to the UK until after you both become NZ citizens.