UK Citizenship thru Marriage?

Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:12 pm
Look, the bar's open

china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of
Default UK Citizenship thru Marriage?

Dear Moderator, not sure where to put this, please move to right place.

I have heard it is possible to obtain a UK RP for my wife, if I were to write to the Home Office and put forward some kind of justification. This is ofcourse based on the fact that I am British.

Has anybody any knowledge or experience of doing this?

My wife has an Indonesian Passport, we have been married for 8 years. Our 6 yr old son has a British passport. We visit the UK quite often.

If this is a legitimate, what are the justifications the home office are looking for.

On the other hand, if this is just 'pie in the sky', please tell.

Thanks
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Citizenship thru Marriage?

Can't be done any more as far as I'm aware, there's a 3 year residence requirement these days, though there might be some exceptions like if you were in the armed services, but I don't know.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Citizenship thru Marriage?

Originally Posted by china syndrome
Dear Moderator, not sure where to put this, please move to right place.

I have heard it is possible to obtain a UK RP for my wife, if I were to write to the Home Office and put forward some kind of justification. This is ofcourse based on the fact that I am British.

Has anybody any knowledge or experience of doing this?

My wife has an Indonesian Passport, we have been married for 8 years. Our 6 yr old son has a British passport. We visit the UK quite often.
You can sponsor your wife to live in the United Kingdom: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

After 3 years residence in the UK (with the right visa), she can apply to become a naturalised British citizen. As far as I am aware, she will lose her Indonesian citizenship when she becomes British, but this may not be important.