UK citizenship by double descent??

Old Mar 8th 2018, 3:13 am
Just Joined

Julioqld is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool UK citizenship by double descent??

Hi everyone,

Its a bit of a long shot but was hoping to get some advice on whether or not I could get Uk citenzenship.

I was born in Australia in 1989 to a Mother born in Papua and New Guinea in 1963. She has brittish nationality through her UK born Father (born in England). At the time of my Mother’s birth, my Grandfather was in the army, I believe it was the Australian army. He also worked for the Commonwealth department of works.

I would think I am not entitled to it but I saw at the bottom of this link that being in the Australia army was classed as ‘designated service’ which is in the ‘crown service’ category unless I am mistaken.

www. sable international .com/citizenship/british-citizenship/other/uk-crown-service

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Julio

Last edited by Julioqld; Mar 8th 2018 at 3:27 am.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 9:39 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK citizenship by double descent??

Serving in the Australian Army in 1963 would not be considered Crown service under Her Majesty's Government in the United Kingdom as Australia was an independent country at that time. If your grandfather was serving in the British Army or had been seconded to the Australian Army from the British Army then you may be eligible.

Regardless if your grandfather was born in the UK then you are eligible for a UK Ancestry visa which would allow you to live and work in the UK for five years before becoming eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain and British citizenship the year after (or immediately after if you had married a British citizen by that point).

Edit: Can you confirm exactly where your mother was born and in which service your grandfather was serving at the time of her birth?

Last edited by BritInParis; Mar 8th 2018 at 9:49 am.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Julioqld is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Serving in the Australian Army in 1963 would not be considered Crown service under Her Majesty's Government in the United Kingdom as Australia was an independent country at that time. If your grandfather was serving in the British Army or had been seconded to the Australian Army from the British Army then you may be eligible.

Regardless if your grandfather was born in the UK then you are eligible for a UK Ancestry visa which would allow you to live and work in the UK for five years before becoming eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain and British citizenship the year after (or immediately after if you had married a British citizen by that point).

Edit: Can you confirm exactly where your mother was born and in which service your grandfather was serving at the time of her birth?
My Grandfather was in the Australian Army, not the British. I am confused because several immigration websites are stating that the Australian, New Zealand and Malaya Defence Organisations are listed under crown services.

My Mother was born in the territory of Papua in 1963 (now called Papua New Guinea).

I am thinking about doing a status trace with Philip Gamble.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are a Commonwealth citizen (Australian for example), you can always apply for an UK Ancestry visa which will enable you to stay and work in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/ancestry-visa
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julioqld
My Grandfather was in the Australian Army, not the British. I am confused because several immigration websites are stating that the Australian, New Zealand and Malaya Defence Organisations are listed under crown services.

My Mother was born in the territory of Papua in 1963 (now called Papua New Guinea).

I am thinking about doing a status trace with Philip Gamble.
Philip Gamble has a good reputation in this field if you wish to pay for their advice.