UK Citizen wanting to bring my NZ wife back to UK

Old Jun 9th 2019, 8:19 am
Just Joined

LeonUKtoNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UK Citizen wanting to bring my NZ wife back to UK

Hi I'm a UK citizen from birth and been living in NZ for the past 2.5 years with my NZ wife and we would like to return back to the UK under the spouse visa.

Just have some questions regarding the financial requirements:

I can meet the Financial requirements for savings £62K and have the majority still in the UK but have some in my NZ bank account. Do I need to move it over to my UK account or do UK customs accept money a combination of money in a UK bank account and money in foreign bank accounts?

Was hoping to go the savings route as ideally we'd like to move over later this year and then start job hunting together rather than having to find a job in advance but I've read on some posts that the sponsor has needed a job organised in advance?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 9th 2019, 8:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Citizen wanting to bring my NZ wife back to UK

Originally Posted by LeonUKtoNZ
Hi I'm a UK citizen from birth and been living in NZ for the past 2.5 years with my NZ wife and we would like to return back to the UK under the spouse visa.

Just have some questions regarding the financial requirements:

I can meet the Financial requirements for savings £62K and have the majority still in the UK but have some in my NZ bank account. Do I need to move it over to my UK account or do UK customs accept money a combination of money in a UK bank account and money in foreign bank accounts?

Was hoping to go the savings route as ideally we'd like to move over later this year and then start job hunting together rather than having to find a job in advance but I've read on some posts that the sponsor has needed a job organised in advance?

Thanks in advance
Hi Leon. The amount of cash savings required is £62,500, and the amount cannot have dipped below that in the 6 months prior to applying for the spouse visa.
There's no rule that the funds have to be in the same account or currency, but it does make your application more straightforward for the ECO if they are.
If relying entirely on cash savings to meet the financial requirement there's no need to obtain employment prior to applying, and you can both move over together. Good luck with the application.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 9:03 am
Just Joined

LeonUKtoNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Citizen wanting to bring my NZ wife back to UK

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Leon. The amount of cash savings required is £62,500, and the amount cannot have dipped below that in the 6 months prior to applying for the spouse visa.
There's no rule that the funds have to be in the same account or currency, but it does make your application more straightforward for the ECO if they are.
If relying entirely on cash savings to meet the financial requirement there's no need to obtain employment prior to applying, and you can both move over together. Good luck with the application.
Thanks