uk citizen with mexican fiance

Old Mar 19th 2014, 11:47 am
Just Joined

lisa_lashes04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uk citizen with mexican fiance

Hi

I need some advice. I am planning on marrying my mexican fiance in 2016 in Mexico. We want to move back to uk after we are married.

can anyone give me advice on what I need to marry him and what visa I need to apply for when we are married?

Also I would like him to visit her for 10 days or 2 weeks before we get married, what visa will I need? He tried to come here last December and was denied entry so I know he needs a visa now

thanks
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Re: uk citizen with mexican fiance

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spouse_Immigration-UK_
start by reading the wiki linked above.
to summarize you will need to be either earning £18600/yr or have savings of £62500 to be able to obtain the spouse settlement visa.
Cheers
Nigel
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

lisa_lashes04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: uk citizen with mexican fiance

Originally Posted by ncoomber
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spouse_Immigration-UK_
start by reading the wiki linked above.
to summarize you will need to be either earning £18600/yr or have savings of £62500 to be able to obtain the spouse settlement visa.
Cheers
Nigel
Thanks for your reply.

Do you know what I need to do to marry him? Do I need permission etc...

Also can he come for a holiday on a fiance visa

that's
Old Mar 19th 2014, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

If you are going to get married in Mexico, you need to ask the Mexican authorities about what they need to see in order to register you and your husband's marriage. There might be some info on the British Embassy in Mexico's website (not sure - search on Google).

Also, he can get a fiance visa which will allow him to stay for 6 months and get married in the UK. See here: http://www.visabureau.com/uk/fiance-visa.aspx

This visa is not easy to get so if you're not going to get married in the UK why would you want to get him this visa? If he was refused entry, he might be better to get a tourist visa.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 9:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Mexican citizens do not need a visa to come to the UK as a visitor. If your fiancé was refused entry at the UK border then it is likely the Chief Immigration Officer was not satisfied that he was a genuine visitor, that he was able to support himself during his visit and was able and willing to return to Mexico afterwards. If you want your fiancé to be able to visit you then he should bring evidence that supports this when he arrives. There's another recent thread which applies to your situation you may wish to read.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828872

If you want advice on how to marry in Mexico and you are living in the UK then the best place to contact would be the Mexican Embassy in London. Their website has the following advice:

The requirements to get married in Mexico can be different in each of the 31 States and the Federal District, as each entity has its own General Civil Registry Office. Therefore you are advised to contact directly the office where you are planning to get married to obtain information about the process and requirements.

Getting married to a Mexican national

Foreign nationals wishing to get married in Mexico to a Mexican national, please take note that the Registry Office can request the submission of the following documents:

Valid passport.
Valid Mexican entry documents (visas, migratory form, etc.).
Birth certificates*
Pre-nuptial Agreement where, the parties must specify whether they wish to get married under the system of Joint Ownership Property (sociedad conyugal) or under a Non-joint Ownership Property (separación de bienes).
If one or both parties is divorced or widowed, submit the appropriate certificate (ej. death certificate or absolute decree)*
Pre-nuptial medical certificate (must be obtained in Mexico).
If one or both parties are under 18, they must submit original parental permission granted by the parents or guardians or emancipation document, duly legalized.
In some States you’ll need to provide a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI)*, you can obtain a CNI from your local register office.

*All foreign documents listed above must be “apostilled” or legalised in their country of origin and translated into Spanish by a registered translator in Mexico.

Recommendations:

After the marriage, while in Mexico, it is advisable to obtain enough certified copies of the marriage certificate and “apostille” them.
When you get married in Mexico, you can get the marriage documents sent to the UK, to make it easier to get copies. Find out how to ‘deposit’ documents in the UK.
Important:

You cannot register an overseas marriage in the UK, but it will usually be recognised if it’s valid in Mexico.

If your intention is to live in the UK the Mexican party must obtain a visa before coming to the UK (husband or wife). We strongly recommend contacting the British Embassy or Consulate in Mexico. For more information click here.

This information is provided as a service to the public. Therefore you are advised to contact the relevant authorities (Civil Registry Office and UKBA).
http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/reinouni...-a-extranjeros
Old Mar 20th 2014, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you want your fiancé to be able to visit you then he should bring evidence that supports this when he arrives.
The UKBA site recommends that visitors who have been denied entry to the UK, apply for a visa beforehand if wish to try again even if they are a non visa national. It's his choice whether he would prefer to do this to avoid the expense of flights if he is bounced again.

Last edited by formula; Mar 20th 2014 at 2:09 pm.