Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Uk citizen living in Australia with wife with non uk passport

Uk citizen living in Australia with wife with non uk passport

Old Jul 27th 2018, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Amanda198298 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk citizen living in Australia with wife with non uk passport

We have been married over 6 years living in Australia with both in full time employment over the past 2 years. I want to return back home to the uk my wife dose not have a uk or eu passport . We have savings and have my family in the uk to support for housing we both earned over 50,000 aud salary and about 60,000 aud in savings. I do not have a job offer but my wife can have if needed with current employer in the London office. What are the chances of us getting visa for her to return back to the uk?
Old Jul 28th 2018, 12:45 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk citizen living in Australia with wife with non uk passport

This is a same sex marriage? Does your wife have any recent British, Irish or other European ancestry? Is she an Australian citizen?
Old Jul 28th 2018, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If your wife can get a work visa through her current company (usually Tier 2) then that would be a good route to go.

You can always apply for a spouse visa when in the UK and at that point, both of your incomes would count.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 4:31 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the reply, she is from the Philippines, I have contacted immigration agent and have mentioned this would be no issue to apply for a EEA Family Permit, later today I will have more information. And will update for other that maybe in the same situation . Dise this seam ok?
Old Jul 28th 2018, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot apply for an EEA Family permit unless you currently live and work in a European country and qualify for bringing your partner/spouse to live in the UK.

As you both live in Australia the EEA Family permit is not eligible for you, unless you move to a European country and live and work there for year or more and then apply.

Living in Australia means you have to apply for a settlement visa under British immigration laws to take your wife to live in the UK.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 5:24 am
Just Joined

So I should really look into a settlement visa instead ? I will do some reduce and take a look at this option.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 5:30 am
Just Joined

So one of the requirements is to have 18k earnings or 64aprox in savings If this is the case then I should have sufficient savings to cover the 64k
Old Jul 28th 2018, 6:33 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amanda198298
So one of the requirements is to have 18k earnings or 64aprox in savings If this is the case then I should have sufficient savings to cover the 64k
The amount to meet the financial requirement for a spouse/civil partner only (no children) through savings is 62,500 pounds or its equivalent in foreign currency. The savings need to have been held for at least 6 months in a 'cash' account, ie the savings are immediately accessible, and cannot have dipped below £62,500 at any time during the 6 months prior to applying. Savings from selling a property that you/your partner have owned for at least 6 months can be utilised immediately rather than having to sit in an account for 6 months.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 6:36 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amanda198298
I have contacted immigration agent and have mentioned this would be no issue to apply for a EEA Family Permit,
I hope you haven't paid this person any money. They are completely wrong.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your advise
I will be having a call in 30mins to discuss the current situation. So with regards to salary will this be accountable towards the 18k bench mark needed?
Old Jul 28th 2018, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Read the following document carefully to see how to qualify either using income or savings.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf

To be able to apply from Australia and travel together, the Brit needs to be currently earning 18,600 GBP per annum AND have job to go to in UK.

If no job to go to then Brit would need to enter the UK, obtain job, hold it for 6 months and then apply for visa.