Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

UK, 6 months EU settlement scheme family permit runs out, and now?

UK, 6 months EU settlement scheme family permit runs out, and now?

Old Nov 1st 2022, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

MrsGyromagician is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK, 6 months EU settlement scheme family permit runs out, and now?

Hi all,

my husband (Gyromagician) has asked many questions before, now I am stuck again.

While we were still in Germany, I obtained my 6 months EU settlement scheme family permit. In September, we moved to the UK and I got my permit stamped. Since it’s only valid until 8th of December, I need to apply/renew or whatever the next step is.
I got my permit through TLSconnect in Munich, hence I don’t have a UKVI account. So we started from scratch and tried to open an account. I applied for my visa before the 29.03.2022 deadline, but this option doesn’t exist, so we were stuck.

In my application it asks:

- were you in the UK before 31.12.2020 no
- did you apply for EEA family permit before 31.12.2020 no
- did you apply for EEA FP between 1.1.2021 and 30.6.2021 no
- dual nationality no
- previous nationalities no

After that I can choose from following options. I apply

- based on my relationship to someone eligible for the EU settlement scheme or Northern Ireland
- based on retained right of residence
- as family member of frontier worker

neither applies. It just doesn’t make sense.

I know that I need to apply for pre-settled status, but it’s all a big loop of online links.

(Besides, we had submitted all the documents to the UKVI 28 office in April and I have a permit. Do I really need to apply as if they had never heard of me before?)

Tata,
Mrs. G

Last edited by MrsGyromagician; Nov 1st 2022 at 1:53 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 4:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK, 6 months EU settlement scheme family permit runs out, and now?

If the online form doesn’t give you the right option then you’ll need to ring the Resolution Centre and request a paper application form.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-insi...tlement-scheme
Old Nov 2nd 2022, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

MrsGyromagician is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK, 6 months EU settlement scheme family permit runs out, and now?

Thank you for the advice. I called last night.
It will now take up to 14 days until I receive an email with the 60 page application that I need to print. Via mail would have added the uncertainty of the UK mail service to the 14 day wait 🙈