U.K. spousal visa, ILR, and absences from the country

Old Jul 19th 2011, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

jmes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U.K. spousal visa, ILR, and absences from the country

In August 2009 my USC wife moved to the U.K. on a fiance visa. We were married in September, and in March 2010 her Spousal Visa was approved. We lived together in the U.k. until Jan 2011, when we moved to California so I could continue my graduate studies.

Her visa is valid until March 2012. However, things are now getting complicated. We intend to move back to the U.K. in July 2012, as things are not working out so well here. We have not fulfilled the ILR requirements, but her visa will expire prior to our intended return to England. To further complicate things, we suppose that, if it is the case that we must reapply for a spousal visa in early 2012, her old visa will not yet have expired (applying several months before proposed JUly 2012 entry),

Does anyone have any experiences, comments or insights? There appears to be little information available on this topic.

Thanks,

James
Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:24 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: U.K. spousal visa, ILR, and absences from the country

Hi James,

So sorry to hear that things aren't working out for you and your wife in Cali.

I am American; my husband is British. I suggest you post your question here over at UK-Yankee. The friendly people over there are far more knowledgeable about UK Visas than most of the people on this forum. But the people here are friendly, too. Well ..... most of them.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

jmes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: U.K. spousal visa, ILR, and absences from the country

Originally Posted by DDL
Hi James,

So sorry to hear that things aren't working out for you and your wife in Cali.

I am American; my husband is British. I suggest you post your question here over at UK-Yankee. The friendly people over there are far more knowledgeable about UK Visas than most of the people on this forum. But the people here are friendly, too. Well ..... most of them.
I actually already posted on that board as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

It is a shame things aren't working out. We are both surprised quite how much different it feels - I lived here in 2009, and my wife was born and raised here.