Trying to get my filipino girlfirend to UK

Old Mar 4th 2016, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

malkingreg22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trying to get my filipino girlfirend to UK

Good afternoon
I need se help I'm a British citizen and have a Filipino girl she's wants to be a nurse in UK but she's failed her English ielts 2 times
Is there any easy way I can get her back to UK to study her ielts ?
Someone please help me as we have been trying for nearly a year now
Many thanks
Old Mar 4th 2016, 1:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to get my filipino girlfirend to UK

https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa/
Old Mar 4th 2016, 1:42 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malkingreg22
Good afternoon
I need se help I'm a British citizen and have a Filipino girl she's wants to be a nurse in UK but she's failed her English ielts 2 times
Many thanks
She can study English in the UK for sure but it won't be cheap and securing the visa with her nationality will be difficult.

If she has failed IELTS twice already then the chances of her being accepting onto a UK nursing program (some of the most competitive University programs in the country) are next to zero.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Good afternoon
Many thanks
You say she wants to be a nurse in UK. Has she nursing qualifications here , or does she want to take a nursing course in UK? If the latter then her chances are virtually zero with poor IELT scores plus she would need the equivalent of A levels to have even a chance of getting on a nursing degree course. Look at the link Brit in paris has posted to see if she could get a study visa, but there are high fees as an overseas student. The UK are currently recruiting here - my old local health authority, Lincolnshire, were in Manila last week and have recruited 130 nurses after extensive tests of English and clinical knowledge.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 9:47 am
Just Joined

thank you all shes 35 years old and has worked in saudi Arabia for the last 15 years as a threatre nurse
she returned back to phillipines last year to study ielts i returned and stayed there for 6 months but ive returned back as need to work again
realy i dont no how to get her back we even tried a tourist visa but get declined 2 times
im in full time work and at the same time she was in full time work
i think this is very un fair

i just want her here with me
Old Mar 5th 2016, 11:05 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

thank you all shes 35 years old and has worked in saudi Arabia for the last 15 years as a threatre nurse
she returned back to phillipines last year to study ielts i returned and stayed there for 6 months but ive returned back as need to work again
realy i dont no how to get her back we even tried a tourist visa but get declined 2 times
im in full time work and at the same time she was in full time work
i think this is very un fair

i just want her here with me
Then she must already have some sort of qualification in order to practice nursing in Saudi. The Arab countries pay nurses well and won't just take anyone. I've even seen Saudi recruiting posters on the Toronto subway before now.

I'm sure living and working in the UK isn't going to be an impossible dream but she isn't going to get anywhere without passing IELTS. It's needed just for the UK visa application, nevermind a UK nursing registration.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

One of the problems in getting a visitor visa is showing ties to your homeland so that you will return there. Such as property, work, etc. It's possible that her saudi history indicates to UK visa officials that she may be looking to come to UK and stay as, regretfully, is not unknown for Filipinas. One answer may be to apply for the student visa, but again she would have to show she intends returning here, usually by having a job, family commitments etc. Maybe if Brit in Paris pops in he may have some suggestions - he's our resident expert on UK visas and citizenship.to be honest, I think the fact she want's to come and study for the IELT is raising red flags. What reason did UKBA give for refusing the visa?
Old Mar 5th 2016, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

ok many thanks she has her own home there and also a son which lives in the house with her parents
1st time they refused her tourist visa was that they said i didnt have enough funds i saved up £1200 to support her trip ? we only applied for 2 weeks only becouse i wanted to see if she could cope with the cold weather

the 2nd time refused was that the said her saudi contract only had 5 months left on it

i think this is unfair we tried so had

now shes studying in philippines also working in a call centre
des anybody think its worth applying for her tourist visa again last time we applied was 4 months ago

many thanks to all your answers
Old Mar 5th 2016, 6:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'll move this toour UK forum as someone there may be able to suggest something.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 6:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The link to the short study visa she'll need to come to the UK to study English is in Post #2.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi thank you do you think this is any good for her to apply and study ielts couse I realy don't no
Course | Peterborough Regional College
Old Mar 6th 2016, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi thank you do you think this is any good for her to apply and study ielts couse I realy don't no
Course | Peterborough Regional College
Don't think so. It's only 2.5 hours ONE evening a week. I think study visa has to be for something like 25 hours a week minimum.Brit in Paris gave you a link. did you read it? The college she applies to must be approved to sponsor overseas students.Read BIPs link very carefully.
your two refusals are normal. Lack of funds is an obvious one , did you do letter stating you would be responsible for her expenses etc? Don't know what they consider adequate funds. The second refusal was again, obvious. With only 5 months left on her Saudi contract and no obvious job back in Philippines then the UK visa agency would believe she intended to stay. I'm sorry, but it is especially difficult for a Filipino to get a UK visit visa as so many have overstayed and "disappeared" into the black economy. Can she not do IELTs here in Philippines, then apply for nursing jobs via the UK recruitment drives. The problem with applying for a visa after only 4 months is that, again, it raises a red flag saying this person seems desperate to come to UK.Probably best to wait a year. Do come back with any questions once having read the requirements. You have to meet what the UK wants, not what you think is fair or unfair. Try getting into the USA!
Old Mar 6th 2016, 9:58 am
Sidecar Falcon

ok many thanks she has her own home there and also a son which lives in the house with her parents
1st time they refused her tourist visa was that they said i didnt have enough funds i saved up £1200 to support her trip ? we only applied for 2 weeks only becouse i wanted to see if she could cope with the cold weather

the 2nd time refused was that the said her saudi contract only had 5 months left on it

i think this is unfair we tried so had

now shes studying in philippines also working in a call centre
des anybody think its worth applying for her tourist visa again last time we applied was 4 months ago

many thanks to all your answers
Please don't take this the wrong way but are really a British Citizen? Because your level of written English on here suggests otherwise.

And if you are then why are you not looking at a spousal visa route? Although keep in mind that the IELTS problem still wouldn't go away even if you did.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Haha yes I'm a British citizen I don't think we can do spouse visa becouse I'm on low wage as I'm.just a factory worker
Old Mar 6th 2016, 10:09 am
Sidecar Falcon

Then you really need to consider the future of this. The NHS wouldn't hire a nurse with poor English skills and neither would any British clinic. What would your plan be for after she finishes IELTS (if she could pass) anyway?

The international students on British university nursing programs are going to be first in the visa sponsorship queue, particularly since the UK doesn't offer general post-study visas anymore.

I agree that your best option is for her to work in clearing IELTS in the Philippines and then try one of the NHS recruitment drives over there.

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Mar 6th 2016 at 11:12 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.