Travelling from red list country with spouse visa

Old Sep 15th 2021, 4:10 am
Just Joined

JMac2021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling from red list country with spouse visa

Was hoping someone could clear something up. Have applied for spouse visa (initial one) and currently on working day 3. The country I'll be travelling to the UK from is on the 'red list'. If/ when the visa is issued (and if my country is still on the list) will I be able to travel to the UK?

I understand that I'd have to do hotel managed quarantine on arrival. It states that only British and Irish nationals and those with residency rights can enter the UK from a red list country, but doesn't say exactly what residency rights involves/ which visa types have these rights. I've seen that students are flying from red list countries into the UK, but what about those on spouse visas?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 11:38 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling from red list country with spouse visa

You can travel but you would need to hotel quarantine.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 3:55 am
Just Joined

JMac2021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travelling from red list country with spouse visa

Thanks, that's what I thought, but I've heard so much conflicting information about whether I can travel to the UK once I get my visa.