Travelling on an NZ passport in UK with dual citizenship

Old Jun 11th 2014, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

SallyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Travelling on an NZ passport in UK with dual citizenship

Hello

I have dual citizenship NZ and British and I live in England.

My British passport is currently being renewed (and is taking far longer than anticipated). I want to know if I travel out of the UK on my NZ passport and then back in if I will have a lot of trouble at customs? I could say I was a tourist when entering the UK again... but I obviously don't have a return flight to NZ as I live in London. I do have flights back out of London to Europe later in the month for a trip so that might be enough... but I am concerned they won't let me fly out of the UK as I have no entry stamp on my NZ passport, and then I am also worried they won't let me back in without proof that I am leaving again.

If anyone knows anything about this it would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks
Sally
Old Jun 11th 2014, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling on an NZ passport in UK with dual citizenship

Yet another situation where these long processing times are causing people grief. I am in a similar position.

I am sure someone will come here and give you the answer you need. Good luck!
Old Jun 11th 2014, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

SallyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! It's such a nightmare.. I don't understand why they haven't notified people when they are applying to renew their passports that there's big delays - if I had known I would have just paid for the express 1 day emergency passport! Now I am trying to do the express route but even that has a backlog..
Old Jun 11th 2014, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I think they made a change to "10 weeks" on their web site. If that is the case, why are many people having to wait anywhere between three and five months. I think it is a national disgrace.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 7:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Ideally you would go on your British passport. How long have you been waiting now?

Where you born in the UK? If so is it obvious from your NZ passport that you were born in the UK? e.g. your place of birth is unambiguously a British town or city.