Traveling through UK while visa application process

Old Apr 30th 2019, 3:37 am
Cruising through BE

LARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Traveling through UK while visa application process

Hi y’all!

I will be getting married in July here in USA. Then going to visit the in-laws for 1 week. However; The in-laws planned a family trip to Italy in the later dates of September. (Father in law already paid) My future husband and I are planning to apply early September and go with the route that enables me to keep my passport. I was wondering if it would be an issue to travel to the UK while in the application process. We will be flying out of Birmingham international airport (due to flying out as a family.) Will this pose an issue?
Old Apr 30th 2019, 7:09 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling through UK while visa application process

So you’ll be flying into the UK after you apply in the US and onto Italy from BHX? Are you flying back to the US via the UK? How long is the trip to Italy?
Old Apr 30th 2019, 3:38 pm
Cruising through BE

LARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. My Future FIL did it so I will fly into the USA-UK-ITALY-UK-USA. The trip is 2 weeks long. I have a full time job.
so im not tempted to stay at all.
But I don't want to risk it.

Now my future MIL heard some people say that you cant get married in the states and apply for the visa for the UK... Ugh.. stress.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 6:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LARAHTX
Now my future MIL heard some people say that you cant get married in the states and apply for the visa for the UK... Ugh.. stress.
She's wrong. And needs to stop listening to what 'some people say'. Next time, tell her to look it up on the official government website and to only believe it if she can find it written there!
Old May 9th 2019, 12:16 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

A US marriage certificate is perfectly acceptable for a UK spouse visa application. Regarding your travel plans I would simply hold off applying for your spouse visa until you get back to the US.