tourist or spouse visa

Old Apr 19th 2015, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

len2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tourist or spouse visa

Hi! I just got married with my husband last February, he's British national and I'm a Filipina. We've been together for 3 yrs now. I went to UK with a tourist visa last August 2014 and came back to Manila last February 2015 for our wedding. After the wedding he needs to go back to UK bcos of his businesses. I would just like to seek some advice, bcos currently we're miles apart and i also didnt know who could help me on this issue. Our marriage cert hasnt been posted yet, bcos our govt has 3-4 months waiting policy for me to get our marriage cert, reason why I couldnt apply for a spouse visa yet. I'd like to know if I can go back to UK with a tourist visa again while i'm waiting for my marriage cert and apply for a spouse visa, is that possible? I hope you can give me some advice and suggestions. Thank you so much!
Old Apr 19th 2015, 1:02 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tourist or spouse visa

You could potentially visit the UK again on a visitor visa however you would need to return to the Philippines to lodge your spouse visa application.

Given that your husband is now in the UK and you plan to join him in the near future you'll also need to convince the Entry Clearance Officer making a decision on your visa that you have sufficient ties to the Philippines that you will return before your visitor visa expires. This could be difficult. Another factor to consider is that if your visa is granted and you visit the UK for another two to three months you would have spent more than six months in the last year in the UK. Generally speaking that would indicate to the ECO that you were not a genuine visitor.

As such I would recommend waiting until your marriage certificate comes through and apply for a spouse visa.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 1:07 am
Just Joined

len2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tourist or spouse visa

Yeah I think you're right. We'll just wait for the right time till we process my spouse visa. Thanks so much!