Tired of waiting - still no decision

Old Sep 1st 2019, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Jenny234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tired of waiting - still no decision

Originally Posted by lmrd

hello ,
did you get your visa ? I Was reading your case , I hope they did !
still waiting son and I been Separated my husband taking time off to look after my son at the moment If I don’t get my passport as it today I’ll be overstay in Thailand.I really don’t understand why they have to check my background I’m Nepalese Gurkhas background Left nepal 25 years ago and I have a Hong Kong passport and I was working in Hong Kong paying tax MPF. Doesn’t have any criminal history.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 7:04 am
Just Joined

lmrd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenny234

still waiting son and I been Separated my husband taking time off to look after my son at the moment If I don’t get my passport as it today I’ll be overstay in Thailand.I really don’t understand why they have to check my background I’m Nepalese Gurkhas background Left nepal 25 years ago and I have a Hong Kong passport and I was working in Hong Kong paying tax MPF. Doesn’t have any criminal history.

I feel sad for you and your family... I hope UKVI will come back to you soon!
I wonder if you have escalated again ? also did you try to involve MP ? I read in some forum that MP could have better response than what we, as applicant/sponsor, could have from UKVI.
also I dont understand why are you in situation of overstay in Thailand : aren't you resident there ?
hang tight!
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 8:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahoges
This is ridiculous! Why don’t they hire and train more people to be caseworkers to keep up with the volumes of applications!!! It’s not fair for families to be separated because they can’t manage the applications in a timely manner
As BiP has said, it's out of their control, it's the checks done by third parties - and having worked in immigration myself (albeit for another country, not the UK), I know just too well how lengthy they can be. Not all countries share the UK's same sense of urgency!

Do remember too that the UK is still far, far faster than most other comparable countries. Canada is a year or so for spouse visas, the US is 12-18 months. So even a few months is very quick by comparison and frankly 30 working days is something those applying in other countries can only dream of!
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 8:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

They check everybody's background and remember it won't just be yours they check but potentially your family too. Hong Kong and Nepal won't be countries where background checks are quick unfortunately!

Whatever you do don't overstay in Thailand, it could affect all sorts of things including your UK visa app. If you're not resident there, then head to a country where you are.

Good luck.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Redcarpet
I doubt tbh because my cousin used to live in Saudi with a Yemeni passport. He got married to a British Citizen that lived in the UK, he met her in Saudi. After they got married, she came back to the UK and applied for Spouse Visa for her husband. He recieved his visa within 55 working days, and her income is exactly the same as mine.

It depends on the ECO working on your case, they the ones that play with our lives, while some ECO are god fearing with good heart they will do their job properly and fairly. I assume my case is assigned to some heartless ECO ...Just my luck :-(
did you get your visa or any update from ukvi ?
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
They check everybody's background and remember it won't just be yours they check but potentially your family too. Hong Kong and Nepal won't be countries where background checks are quick unfortunately!

Whatever you do don't overstay in Thailand, it could affect all sorts of things including your UK visa app. If you're not resident there, then head to a country where you are.

Good luck.
how can I head to my country I haven’t got my passport. It’s been 5 months I have sent many email to them explaining but they don’t give a monkeys!

Last edited by Jenny234; Sep 2nd 2019 at 11:44 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

I feel sad for you and your family... I hope UKVI will come back to you soon!
I wonder if you have escalated again ? also did you try to involve MP ? I read in some forum that MP could have better response than what we, as applicant/sponsor, could have from UKVI.
also I dont understand why are you in situation of overstay in Thailand : aren't you resident there ?
hang tight!
Yes We have! Im on Guardians Visa in Thailand my son went to international school here school Provide the Visa for me and my son. school finished end of June and we are hoping to out by then but I am still here.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Yes We have! Im on Guardians Visa in Thailand my son went to international school here school Provide the Visa for me and my son. school finished end of June and we are hoping to out by then but I am still here.
ohh now I understand..
not to alarm you but I think you need to try to clarify your immigration status in Thailand then inform UKVI accordingly ..
all my encouragments and wishes for an imminent closure for you and your family!
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

ohh now I understand..
not to alarm you but I think you need to try to clarify your immigration status in Thailand then inform UKVI accordingly ..
all my encouragments and wishes for an imminent closure for you and your family!
thank you!
Old Sep 4th 2019, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

thank you!
any update for you ?
Old Sep 6th 2019, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

niv619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have sent a few paid for emails myself and received this latest response just today:

Thank you for your enquiry.

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a timescale for when a decision will be made. However, I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete our customer contact survey by visiting
https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice.gov.uk/s/2DT8W/

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards,

Does this mean anything? Has anyone else received a similar email if so, how long till you received an answer after receiving this email?

Thanks in advance all.
Old Sep 6th 2019, 12:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

A decision will be made when your ECO is in a position to make that decision. Paying to confirm this is a waste of money.
Old Sep 6th 2019, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

niv619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
A decision will be made when your ECO is in a position to make that decision. Paying to confirm this is a waste of money.
Ok I won't send any more emails now.

However does this email mean anything as an answer is close?
Old Sep 6th 2019, 12:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niv619
Ok I won't send any more emails now.

However does this email mean anything as an answer is close?
“We cannot give a timescale for when a decision will be made.”
Old Sep 6th 2019, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

The processed visa application for GWF was ready to pick up at VFS on 9/4/2019 now I’m waiting for Passport to be delivered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.