Timeline for arrival

Old Feb 22nd 2022, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timeline for arrival

Hi Everyone,

Is there an actual time limit between the granting of the Biometric residence permit (BRP) and the arrival within the UK?

I've seen a couple of conflicting posts on here that suggested within 30 days, I've seen another post that stated 90 days, I've not seen anything in the visa guide except that you will receive the BRP on approval of the visa application.

Just trying to figure out timing regarding standard priority, priority, super priority.
Old Feb 23rd 2022, 1:00 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for arrival

Your BRP needs to be collected from your designated Post Office within ten days of arrival. Your vignette will typically be valid for 90 days.
Old Feb 23rd 2022, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your BRP needs to be collected from your designated Post Office within ten days of arrival. Your vignette will typically be valid for 90 days.
Just so I understand this correctly.

My wife is going through the Edmonton (Canada) VFS office. The VFS office seems to be the agency to collect the Biometrics and also offer the visa processing service. When the decision is made and approved my wife gets a "Vignette" which is used to enter the UK, Once in the UK she must pick the BRP up from a designated post office in the UK?
Old Feb 23rd 2022, 4:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
Just so I understand this correctly.

My wife is going through the Edmonton (Canada) VFS office. The VFS office seems to be the agency to collect the Biometrics and also offer the visa processing service. When the decision is made and approved my wife gets a "Vignette" which is used to enter the UK, Once in the UK she must pick the BRP up from a designated post office in the UK?
Correct, except the Home Office will process your application, not VFS.