Time out of uk? Recommendation for visa advisor?

Old Jan 9th 2017, 2:00 am
Just Joined

Canlondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time out of uk? Recommendation for visa advisor?

Hi all, I am currently on a spousal visa and an opportunity has arisen for work outside of U.K. I plan to continue to pay tax within the uk however I don't want to screw up the time allocated to my visa. I understand you have to reside within the uk for 180 days per annum.

When does that time allocation run from and to? Is it year commencing Jan 1? Or a total of days between renewals (2.5 years?

Also any recommendation for a visa advisor in the uk ?

Any help appreciated.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

AmanSood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time out of uk? Recommendation for visa advisor?

Hi Canlondon, the 183 day count is dependent on which country your are going to and the terms of the double tax treaty. where are you going to and how long for?
Old Jan 9th 2017, 1:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmanSood
Hi Canlondon, the 183 day count is dependent on which country your are going to and the terms of the double tax treaty. where are you going to and how long for?
Are you advising from the perspective of Canlondon staying within residency requirements in order to qualify for the next stage of her spouse visa, or just from a tax perspective? The two are not the same.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

AmanSood is an unknown quantity at this point

my comments are purely from a tax perspective
Old Jan 9th 2017, 1:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canlondon
Hi all, I am currently on a spousal visa and an opportunity has arisen for work outside of U.K. I plan to continue to pay tax within the uk however I don't want to screw up the time allocated to my visa. I understand you have to reside within the uk for 180 days per annum.

When does that time allocation run from and to? Is it year commencing Jan 1? Or a total of days between renewals (2.5 years?

Also any recommendation for a visa advisor in the uk ?

Any help appreciated.
Have a read of this thread, it has the info you need http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...e-visa-879858/ Follow Brit in Paris' advice.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jan 9th 2017 at 1:09 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 1:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmanSood
my comments are purely from a tax perspective
The OP isn't asking from a tax perspective however - it's from a visa perspective, hence why this thread is in the visa section of the forum.

Please do keep answers relevant to the questions being asked to avoid any confusion for those looking for advice, thx.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Canlondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for all of your replies.

Yes I am only looking at this from a visa and not a tax perspective.

Question;
When does the period start/finish? From when the FLR(M) was issued ? Jan 1 to Dec 31?

Many thanks in advance..
Old Jan 18th 2017, 10:09 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It's from the date you entered the UK to activate your initial spouse visa or the date your visa was granted if you were already residing in the UK. Be aware that the limit is 90 days in the year before you apply for ILR.