Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:15 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 68
Katerina1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Hi -



I was trying to find this, but can’t clearly on VFS site.



How much time is allowed between submitted the application online and booking biometric appointment in person/uploading supporting documents?



We submitted online application , but now have some loose ends with the paperwork to print out , etc.



What is the reasonable time between submitting online application and turning up physically at VFS?



Many thanks !
Katerina1 is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:35 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 46
marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Originally Posted by Katerina1 View Post
Hi -



I was trying to find this, but can’t clearly on VFS site.



How much time is allowed between submitted the application online and booking biometric appointment in person/uploading supporting documents?



We submitted online application , but now have some loose ends with the paperwork to print out , etc.



What is the reasonable time between submitting online application and turning up physically at VFS?



Many thanks !
I went through this process last week. I submitted online on 26 January and booked the first available appointment which was on 1 February. I am in NZ so probably varies. Where are you applying from?
marigoldfairy is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:40 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 68
Katerina1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

I am applying from India .

The first available appointment is later this week but I still need to order stamped bank statements from 4 different banks , so wanted to know if how much time I have in theory,

There were no specific restrictions mentioned on UKVi site , so my guess is a week or so is fine probably …?

Regards,
Katerina1 is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2022, 5:14 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 46
marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Originally Posted by Katerina1 View Post
I am applying from India .

The first available appointment is later this week but I still need to order stamped bank statements from 4 different banks , so wanted to know if how much time I have in theory,

There were no specific restrictions mentioned on UKVi site , so my guess is a week or so is fine probably …?

Regards,
Once you apply online you can go anytime. If you are scanning in the documents yourself they ask to make sure that’s done at least 24 hours before your appointment, but I got them to scan mine for me (cost extra) and they did that at my appointment. (May be different in India though!).
marigoldfairy is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2022, 5:25 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 68
Katerina1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Okay thanks , that’s what I thought.

Last question - how long did your appointment take , including VFS scanning the documents ?
Just trying to understand how much time to allocate .

Cheers !
Katerina1 is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2022, 5:45 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 46
marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Originally Posted by Katerina1 View Post
Okay thanks , that’s what I thought.

Last question - how long did your appointment take , including VFS scanning the documents ?
Just trying to understand how much time to allocate .

Cheers !
I was there for an hour but a lot of that time was waiting for my turn. They check your paperwork with you and then they go away and scan it, then they call you in for the biometrics which took about 10-15 minutes.

Also, if you want priority service you need to ask them at the appointment and pay for it there.
marigoldfairy is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2022, 5:46 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 68
Katerina1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Okay thanks very much and best of luck with your application !
Katerina1 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.