Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Old Feb 7th 2022, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Katerina1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Hi -

I was trying to find this, but can’t clearly on VFS site.

How much time is allowed between submitted the application online and booking biometric appointment in person/uploading supporting documents?

We submitted online application , but now have some loose ends with the paperwork to print out , etc.

What is the reasonable time between submitting online application and turning up physically at VFS?

Many thanks !
Old Feb 7th 2022, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

Originally Posted by Katerina1
Hi -

I was trying to find this, but can’t clearly on VFS site.

How much time is allowed between submitted the application online and booking biometric appointment in person/uploading supporting documents?

We submitted online application , but now have some loose ends with the paperwork to print out , etc.

What is the reasonable time between submitting online application and turning up physically at VFS?

Many thanks !
I went through this process last week. I submitted online on 26 January and booked the first available appointment which was on 1 February. I am in NZ so probably varies. Where are you applying from?
Old Feb 7th 2022, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Time between submitting application online and biometric appointment at VFS

I am applying from India .

The first available appointment is later this week but I still need to order stamped bank statements from 4 different banks , so wanted to know if how much time I have in theory,

There were no specific restrictions mentioned on UKVi site , so my guess is a week or so is fine probably …?

Regards,
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

I am applying from India .

The first available appointment is later this week but I still need to order stamped bank statements from 4 different banks , so wanted to know if how much time I have in theory,

There were no specific restrictions mentioned on UKVi site , so my guess is a week or so is fine probably …?

Regards,
Once you apply online you can go anytime. If you are scanning in the documents yourself they ask to make sure that’s done at least 24 hours before your appointment, but I got them to scan mine for me (cost extra) and they did that at my appointment. (May be different in India though!).
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Okay thanks , that’s what I thought.

Last question - how long did your appointment take , including VFS scanning the documents ?
Just trying to understand how much time to allocate .

Cheers !
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Okay thanks , that’s what I thought.

Last question - how long did your appointment take , including VFS scanning the documents ?
Just trying to understand how much time to allocate .

Cheers !
I was there for an hour but a lot of that time was waiting for my turn. They check your paperwork with you and then they go away and scan it, then they call you in for the biometrics which took about 10-15 minutes.

Also, if you want priority service you need to ask them at the appointment and pay for it there.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Okay thanks very much and best of luck with your application !