There is a house in my name!

Old Dec 3rd 2014, 8:18 am
Just Joined

James1859 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation There is a house in my name!

Hello Friends

My Bank statements arrived yesterday from the bank. On flicking through I noticed a massive transaction that I had totally forgotten about.

4 to 5 months ago, my mum was in the process of buying a property, but as the whole process was coming to an end (solicitors, paperwork ... etc) she was going on Holiday.

The solicitor had sent her a letter saying she must make payment by a specified date. It was a date where she was outside the country.

In order to ensure payment was made on time and everything went smooth, she transferred the price of the property around £60K to my account, and informed the solicitors to put the property on my name.

All went well, as soon as I received the money, I went and made the payment in full to the solicitors. The property is now in my name, but in reality it is my mums. She's currently fixing it up.

As you know I'm due to go to Turkey (Saturday 6th Dec 2014) and help my wife in applying for her spouse visa. I am her sponsor (meet all requirements, financial and others).

Will the above affect us? If yes .. in what way? and what can I do to remedy the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 7:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is a house in my name!

I can't imagine it would anything but a positive effect on your application unless you were planning to apply under the savings route. It would certainly help you meet the adequate accommodation requirement. I wouldn't submit the original property deeds but a copy of those showing your name and correspondence from the solicitors regarding the transaction would be worth including. If you and your wife will be living elsewhere though then you may not want to muddy the waters.
Old Dec 4th 2014, 7:08 am
Just Joined

James1859 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BritInParis. No we were not planning on applying under the savings route, but also the house is not where we will be living.

Even though the house is in my name, it belongs to my mum, she is fixing the house up and plans to sell it.

All I'm worried about is that huge sum (~£60K) showing on one of my bank statements, I'm worried that the decision maker might say:

There is this massive amount of cash that has come into his account and he hasn't told us anything about it, therefore I will refuse the application because it looks 'fishy'
Any chance of that happening? If yes, what should I do?

I was planning on getting my mum to write a signed letter explaining the above, do you think that would be a good idea?

Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2014, 10:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James1859
Hi BritInParis. No we were not planning on applying under the savings route, but also the house is not where we will be living.

Even though the house is in my name, it belongs to my mum, she is fixing the house up and plans to sell it.

All I'm worried about is that huge sum (~£60K) showing on one of my bank statements, I'm worried that the decision maker might say:

Any chance of that happening? If yes, what should I do?

I was planning on getting my mum to write a signed letter explaining the above, do you think that would be a good idea?

Thanks
Just be honest. You can mention it in passing if you like but if you won't be living there or drawing an income from it then it's not relevant to your application.