Tell me more about the Surrinder Singh process please?

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 8:12 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell me more about the Surrinder Singh process please?

Originally Posted by ldollard
This lady worked for UK immigration until 2009, ad everything I've read about her suggests she knows her stuff.

I've researched all I can and at this stage there is nothing nowhere explaining my particular situation. So hopefully she can help, i'm chatting to her Monday so i'll update this then and let you all know how it goes.
I hope you didn't find her trolling threads on the internet.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:24 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

No through an internet search, i spoke to her yesterday and she was very knowledgeable.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 1:13 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

She also mentioned how pointless the Surrinder Singh process is, as it'll probably take longer than the direct route into the UK. I saw her point. I mean if your wife or husband isn't an EU citizen, they'll still need to go through that countries immigration.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

... I mean if your wife or husband isn't an EU citizen, they'll still need to go through that countries immigration.
Does this attorney think that EU family permit for (example) France (I assume EU family permit is what is meant by immigration) is the least bit costly, time consuming or risky?

Only the UK has a problem with this, and only for its own citizens, not other EU citizens.

as it'll probably take longer than the direct route into the UK.
Longer, yes. The issue is whether the UK route is impossible for financial reasons. It is fast and mostly risk free for millionaires.

Last edited by holly_1948; Feb 6th 2013 at 3:42 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 10:28 pm
Firetrak

Originally Posted by holly_1948
Does this attorney think that EU family permit for (example) France (I assume EU family permit is what is meant by immigration) is the least bit costly, time consuming or risky?

Only the UK has a problem with this, and only for its own citizens, not other EU citizens.

Longer, yes. The issue is whether the UK route is impossible for financial reasons. It is fast and mostly risk free for millionaires.
Yes if its a financial issue, then the EEU route seems like possibly the best route, she meant for my situation, although it might change if UKBA sees things differently than her.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 12:28 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

She also mentioned how pointless the Surrinder Singh process is, as it'll probably take longer than the direct route into the UK. I saw her point. I mean if your wife or husband isn't an EU citizen, they'll still need to go through that countries immigration.
How much does your lawyer know about EU free movement?

Not a lot, I think.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 4:40 pm
Firetrak

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
How much does your lawyer know about EU free movement?

Not a lot, I think.
you're right she knows nothing
Old Feb 7th 2013, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Well let's be fair here.
The implication was only that Surinder Singh takes a long time.
Which it does; it is clearly not a good choice for wealthy people.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 5:49 pm
Firetrak

Well let's be fair here.
The implication was only that Surinder Singh takes a long time.
Which it does; it is clearly not a good choice for wealthy people.
Totally true, and i am not wealthy by any stretch, this clearly is a route of last resort though.

And I wonder, how much easier is it to immigrated with a non-EU spouse into these countries to even begin this process.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:14 pm
WhiteRabbit

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...artners_en.htm
Old Feb 25th 2013, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Let's revive this thread...why not. I am so confused by this process, and now a friend is asking my advice. So, my UKC friend here, who is looking to go back with her USC spouse, has an uncle who retired to Spain. Theoretically then, she could move there with her husband? And then move on to the UK after say 6 months? I know she would have to get a job, but that should be no problem as she owns her own shop here, and her uncle's good friend is a shop keeper. But how exactly does her husband enter the country and get permission to stay the 6 months? Forgive me if I sound daft, and if this has been explained over and over. Point me to the right place, will you? Thank you
Old Feb 25th 2013, 12:48 am
WhiteRabbit

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Let's revive this thread...why not. I am so confused by this process, and now a friend is asking my advice. So, my UKC friend here, who is looking to go back with her USC spouse, has an uncle who retired to Spain. Theoretically then, she could move there with her husband? And then move on to the UK after say 6 months? I know she would have to get a job, but that should be no problem as she owns her own shop here, and her uncle's good friend is a shop keeper. But how exactly does her husband enter the country and get permission to stay the 6 months? Forgive me if I sound daft, and if this has been explained over and over. Point me to the right place, will you? Thank you
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114867

Last post of the thread explains Singh.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
For the Spanish side of things read here.
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/spa...nts-spain.html

Biggest hurdle is likely to be that evidence of healthcare / health insurance might required for the American. This is just for Spain of course, each EU country will have local requirements. But others are waived through in a trivial process. Luck of the draw.

Last edited by holly_1948; Feb 25th 2013 at 4:23 am.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114867

Last post of the thread explains Singh.
Thanks, saw that but it still wasn't 100% clear on everything. Will pass it on. Thanks!

For the Spanish side of things read here.
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/spa...nts-spain.html

Ah, there it is. Very helpful, thank you.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

There's been much talk about having to be working in the EU country before moving to the UK. However, I see from the EU page on this subject that pensioners' families also receive the same residential certificates. How does the UK determine then if you were working or not?

Pensioners

If you are a pensioner living in another country, your non-EU spouse, (grand)children or (grand)parents can also live there with you if you have (for you and your whole family):

sufficient income to live without needing income support
comprehensive health insurance in that country.
National authorities may not require your income to be above the level that would qualify your family for basic income support in that country.
Residence card

Your non-EU spouse, (grand)children or (grand)parents must apply for a residence document with the authorities in the new country (often the town hall or local police station) within 3 months of arriving. To do so they will need:

a valid passport
your registration certificate as an EU national or any other proof of your residence in that country
proof of your family relationship, such as a marriage or birth certificate
for (grand)children, proof they are under 21 or dependent on you
for (grand)parents, proof they are dependent on you.
No other documents may be requested.

The residence card is often issued free of charge (or at the same charge as identity cards for nationals).

On the residence card it should be clearly stated that it is a residence card of an EU national family member.

source: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...parents_en.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.