TB test exemption...which proof to submit?

Old Jan 20th 2019, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough
Default TB test exemption...which proof to submit?

Hello, I'm applying for the spouse visa, and I'm exempt from submitting a TB test result as I was away from my home country for more than 6 months. I am submitting a cover letter explaining this, my visa for the country where I was resident, and a certificate of my travel history. If anyone has been in the same situation (i.e., from a country where a TB test is required but exempt), could you share your experience?
Old Jan 21st 2019, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TB test exemption...which proof to submit?

Are you back in your home country where TB testing is required? You speak in past tense about the exempt country so which exactly is the case?
Old Jan 21st 2019, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OSJG
Are you back in your home country where TB testing is required? You speak in past tense about the exempt country so which exactly is the case?
Hello. Yes, I came back here a couple of weeks ago. So it's been less than 6 months from living in the exempt country. And I was there for 14 months as a student. I have other proofs as well, such as my health insurance card there (in the exempt country), national insurance number, etc.

People have advised me to still get it, because they might just overlook my proof and reject the application. I made an appointment to go do the test, but I'm not sure if it'll be necessary.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bingbing25
Hello. Yes, I came back here a couple of weeks ago. So it's been less than 6 months from living in the exempt country. And I was there for 14 months as a student. I have other proofs as well, such as my health insurance card there (in the exempt country), national insurance number, etc.

People have advised me to still get it, because they might just overlook my proof and reject the application. I made an appointment to go do the test, but I'm not sure if it'll be necessary.
Tbh I'm not exactly sure what the rules are but I met someone at the TB test center with a similar situation as yours. She was living and working in an exempt country but moved back to Nigeria a few weeks before and she did the TB test. I think if it's not a lot of money it doesn't hurt to do it and be on a safer side
Old Jan 21st 2019, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Tbh I'm not exactly sure what the rules are but I met someone at the TB test center with a similar situation as yours. She was living and working in an exempt country but moved back to Nigeria a few weeks before and she did the TB test. I think if it's not a lot of money it doesn't hurt to do it and be on a safer side
Well the rules are that you are exempt if
  • you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months.
The fee's about 100USD where I am, which is fine. But after 1500 pound for the visa, 1000 for NHS and 500 for priority....
Old Jan 21st 2019, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bingbing25
Well the rules are that you are exempt if
  • you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months.
The fee's about 100USD where I am, which is fine. But after 1500 pound for the visa, 1000 for NHS and 500 for priority....
I understand it adds up. I guess the ppl that do it just do it as an extra safety cover. You can include a cover letter covering just the absence of the TB certificate including all proof and quote their rules. Let's know what you decide. Good luck
Old Jan 21st 2019, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

I understand it adds up. I guess the ppl that do it just do it as an extra safety cover. You can include a cover letter covering just the absence of the TB certificate including all proof and quote their rules. Let's know what you decide. Good luck
Well I have my appointment for the test in a few hours, so I might just get the bloody xray taken and get it out of the way. We'll never find out if it's alright to go the other way! The price of getting turned down, even if it's due to their error, is too great, so I guess we make the most rational decision here...