Tax Statements Not Arriving Visa Due Now!!

Old Aug 3rd 2016, 10:47 am
Just Joined

alyssa_chromy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax Statements Not Arriving Visa Due Now!!

Hi all! I really need some help here and I'm freaking out. My visa needs to be in the UK by next Wednesday and my husband has spent a month waiting to get his tax statements back. He has called three times, and as of last week they could show up any day now. I'm in a bit of a panic because I've purchased shipping like planned and gone through the application process - including the biometrics test.

We have everything else. He has all his supporting documents and he's just waiting for these tax statements to come in. Is there anything at all that could replace these documents?? Could he send those separately? It's not ideal, but I don't know what to do. I'm terrified to reapply if we don't send this in because 1. it costs a lot and 2. I don't want to affect their decision for my settlement. We are now at the point that we have seven days for him to send his stuff to me and me send it back to the UK. Lots of overnight shipping will happen. Is it possible?? Help!

Last edited by alyssa_chromy; Aug 3rd 2016 at 10:49 am.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax Statements Not Arriving Visa Due Now!!

Is your husband applying as self employed? (this is the only category I understand that tax returns have to be submitted)

If yes, then, yes, he needs to have them.

If not applying under self employed, then what?
Old Aug 4th 2016, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

No, he's not self-employed. He's got a full-time job. We have a letter from his boss with his income and bank statements, etc. We're applying for the first track - the one where he has to make more than £18,600.

So he wouldn't need his tax statements if he's not self-employed??

Last edited by alyssa_chromy; Aug 4th 2016 at 9:24 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I am aware of.

He needs his employment contract, letter of employment, payslips, bank statements, P60 (if available) to prove his income.

For employed sponsors I've not seen any government guidelines which ask for tax statements.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

This is where we read that we need tax returns: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf

So are all of these not mandatory??
Old Aug 4th 2016, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Taken from Appendix FM-SE

2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided:
(a) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(d) Where the person is a director of a limited company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not of a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies House.
(e) Where a person appointed as a non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK, which is not a company of the type specified in paragraph 9(a), is paid a fee instead of a salary, this income may be treated and evidenced as though it were income received for employment in that
Old Aug 4th 2016, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Oh my gosh thank you! And I'm rereading this one more time, but I should put and financial statements of my own in the application since I'm not the British citizen, correct?
Old Aug 4th 2016, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by alyssa_chromy
Oh my gosh thank you! And I'm rereading this one more time, but I should put and financial statements of my own in the application since I'm not the British citizen, correct?
If you are applying with your husband as sponsor and he fulfills the financial requirements then you don't need to send anything financial about yourself.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by alyssa_chromy
This is where we read that we need tax returns: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf

So are all of these not mandatory??
You are reading a guide as to what documents you could/should provide depending on your circumstances. Appendix FM-SE is the definitive document as to what you MUST send in your own personal circumstances.

If you include all the necessary documents for employed income, then tax returns are not required.