Taking forever for the passport to reach us back!

Old Oct 5th 2017, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Hamza9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking forever for the passport to reach us back!

Why is UKVI system so pathetic!!!!! Why are they torturing us ? First we applied for priority visa n they took as long as they could to make a decision! People who applied non priority after us have got their visas ! Now that it's been more than 15 days that they are saying our decision has been made, we are not getting out passport back! What the hell is this!???? What am I supposed to do?
Old Oct 6th 2017, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taking forever for the passport to reach us back!

Originally Posted by Hamza9
Why is UKVI system so pathetic!!!!! Why are they torturing us ? First we applied for priority visa n they took as long as they could to make a decision! People who applied non priority after us have got their visas ! Now that it's been more than 15 days that they are saying our decision has been made, we are not getting out passport back! What the hell is this!???? What am I supposed to do?
Same here got my decision on Oct 2 until now they haven't sent out my passport yet. I already emailed them thrice and they said it will take 10 working days before will receive my passport. Hopefully I'll have it next week.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Get your local MP on to the case!
Old Oct 6th 2017, 11:11 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked for any e mails, particularly in your junk/spam, there have been many people caught out by this as they had been sent instructions as to what to do and it had gone into their spam folder.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone received their passports back yet?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, did you get your passport back? how long did it take to get it back after you found about that a decision has been made?
did you call Vfs centre in Hong Kong?
A.

Originally Posted by b813
Anyone received their passports back yet?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

I can't find Vfs Hong Kong phone number anywhere on the website, do you by any chance have their number? Thanks
Old Oct 17th 2017, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adi16
I can't find Vfs Hong Kong phone number anywhere on the website, do you by any chance have their number? Thanks
Hey there - so I called UKVI on the Friday to find out that a decision had been made. I then received notification from VFS in HK on the Wednesday (so 3 working days after finding out from UKVI a decision had been made) that my passport was back in the country and on the way back to me.

As I had opted for courier service (well, that was compulsory at the time of applying due to it being busy season) I had to wait a day or 2 after receiving the notification from VFS to get my passport back into my hands.

I don't believe there's a number to call to reach VFS in HK but I would highly, highly recommend for you to go up to the centre if you believe your passport is ready for collection. But take note that they close at 3PM (I think they open at 8AM).

Also, I didn't actually receive official written notice from UKVI or the Decision Making team that a decision had been made. It was only through emailing and then calling them that I confirmed a decision had been made.

What's your current situation?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Thank you dear,
I am pretty much in same situation as you were. I called UKVI and they told me that a decision has been made few days ago, but they won't tell me what the decision is.
I was thinking to call Vfs centre to find out if they received my passport, but now that you mentioned, i remember I had to opt for the mailing service and same you i will have to wait for my passport to come through mail.
So I guess, the waiting game continues....... I just wonder if its worth going to Vfs centre, coz I believe if they receive the passport then they send me a text message anyway. I don't think the delay is by Vfs centre. its the Sheffield that is screwed up.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Thank you dear,
I am pretty much in same situation as you were. I called UKVI and they told me that a decision has been made few days ago, but they won't tell me what the decision is.
I was thinking to call Vfs centre to find out if they received my passport, but now that you mentioned, i remember I had to opt for the mailing service and same you i will have to wait for my passport to come through mail.
So I guess, the waiting game continues....... I just wonder if its worth going to Vfs centre, coz I believe if they receive the passport then they send me a text message anyway. I don't think the delay is by Vfs centre. its the Sheffield that is screwed up.
The ladies at the VFS centre are absolutely lovely! What day was your decision officially made? You can email and ask for the exact date decision was made then count 3-4 working days from that day. You should then expect an email direct from VFS HK to say your passport is back in HK, and will then be dispatched on the same day and arrive at your stated address on the next day (unless you miss the couriers). Do you recall seeing a tracking number on your receipt from VFS? Should start with DA. You can start tracking your passport via HK Post Track and Trace website once you get notification from VFS HK your passport has arrived into HK.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

thank you dear. I will probably visit Vfs centre tomorrow.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

thank you dear. I will probably visit Vfs centre tomorrow.
Good luck!!!!
Old Oct 18th 2017, 4:27 am
Just Joined

maryam123 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry hamza! i'm in the same boat as you, have you heard anything at all yet?
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Irin is an unknown quantity at this point

hi!

Im experiencing the same situation (like waiting for 5 months for decision making instead of 3 weeks wasn't enough))). The decision has been made on 1st of October, so now its 15 working days passed.
I've called UKVI contact centre...all they can do there is to escalate the case after 10 working days. Anyway, seems like escalation wasn't much effective yet.
Did you get your passports back already? And when after the decision?
Old Oct 21st 2017, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irin
hi!

Im experiencing the same situation (like waiting for 5 months for decision making instead of 3 weeks wasn't enough))). The decision has been made on 1st of October, so now its 15 working days passed.
I've called UKVI contact centre...all they can do there is to escalate the case after 10 working days. Anyway, seems like escalation wasn't much effective yet.
Did you get your passports back already? And when after the decision?
Try getting in touch with the local MP and get them to put the pressure on Sheffield and see where the passport is.