Switching from tier 4 to spousal visa

Old Jun 17th 2018, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Movingmountains is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Switching from tier 4 to spousal visa

Hi all, my fiancé is in the process of switching to a spousal visa after our civil ceremony, what other supporting documents do you think we should add to the applicational as proof of relationship as we are going for a premium same day service, we meet all other criteria,thank you
Old Jun 20th 2018, 1:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Switching from tier 4 to spousal visa

Your marriage certificate is the minimum requirement. Is there any about your relationship or your fiancé's immigration history that would give the Home Office cause for concern?
Old Jun 26th 2018, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your marriage certificate is the minimum requirement. Is there any about your relationship or your fiancé's immigration history that would give the Home Office cause for concern?
thanks for your reply, none at all, just want to ensure we have all documents, also for the same day service, do we just submit our documents and wait around for a a decisionor get interviewed as well, just want to know how it works.thanks
Old Jun 26th 2018, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

snowbeard is an unknown quantity at this point

my partner and i are doing the same in a few weeks, we were planning on submitting (as a minimum)-

whatsapp chat log (proves when we first met)
tenancy agreement with both our names (proves when we first moved in together)
marriage certificate
wedding photos
Old Jul 1st 2018, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snowbeard
my partner and i are doing the same in a few weeks, we were planning on submitting (as a minimum)-

whatsapp chat log (proves when we first met)
tenancy agreement with both our names (proves when we first moved in together)
marriage certificate
wedding photos
congratulations! I don’t think you have to present WhatsApp chats if you’re applying within the U.K.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 11:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Movingmountains
thanks for your reply, none at all, just want to ensure we have all documents, also for the same day service, do we just submit our documents and wait around for a a decisionor get interviewed as well, just want to know how it works.thanks
You'll normally be notified of the decision there and then. If approved the BRP will arrive a few days later in the post. Beyond your marriage certificate it would also be advisable to include separate relationship statements from both you and your wife describing how you met, the development of your relationship, your decision to marry and your future plans. This should be no more than two sides of A4. Enclose a curated selection of documents that support your assertions; photos, joint financial documents, etc.. I would provide no more than a dozen pages.

Last edited by BritInParis; Jul 1st 2018 at 11:23 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

i guys, I have a few questions concerning the flrm form,
1. do I need to list the bills in both our names in the section where it asks for anything we are paying together? if yes,
2. does that mean I have to fill in my income in the financial section (as we planned on using only my partners income as he makes above the required income)
3. I work part time with and agency so get different pay dependent on the hours I work, how do I then choose my monthly pay? Or should I just ignore that section entirely? Thank you.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 10:24 pm

You can use your partner's income exclusively if he's over the threshold, no need to mentioned yours. Doing so would be unnecessary and would potentially muddy the waters.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You can use your partner's income exclusively if he's over the threshold, no need to mentioned yours. Doing so would be unnecessary and would potentially muddy the waters.
alright, thank you
Old Jul 26th 2018, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys, got my visa today xx
Old Jul 26th 2018, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Movingmountains
Thanks guys, got my visa today xx
Great news, glad to hear it!